07-09-08 – Word Play

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-09-08 – Word Play

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

one statistic I haven’t seen on the FSM is number of first place finishes.

wrayvynn
    Participant

Soosh, I thought the whale pic was “Blow it out your hole!”… 😉 again, Interpretation

soosh
    Participant

Soosh, I thought the whale pic was “Blow it out your hole!”… 😉 again, Interpretation

“blow it out your blowhole, blowey!” is a favorite phrase in our house.

soosh
    Participant

I was really disappointed to find out millera9‘s wasn’t A Bag of Dicks

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I hope mine are relatively easy to guess

I have no idea what your hat one is

/or harpo’s beets or staplermofo’s entries or Choc-Ful-A’s entries or Soosh’s entries or … well I don’t know a lot OK!

As usual, I can’t get most of these ([‘m terrible at this sort of puzzle thingy), but I had fun trying. 🙂

Also not surprisingly, I misunderstood the rules. I thought we were supposed to submit multiple entries for the same word/phrase. No biggie…

FYI, my phrase was supposed to bring the PSAEF cliche sig tag “/lens flare” to mind. So a geeky visual text joke comparing “lens flare” to “/lens flare”.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

My first one was “Hit The Road”, then “Burning a CD”, and then “Shooting Coke”. The coke one is similar to the one I entered in the contest “On the Wagon”, but taken a few weeks after that contest.

I thought the first one was “go pound sand”, which is a phrase a love.

nutkick_42
    Participant

For those that were too lazy to click, mine were:

Dark & mysterious
    Jam a rocket in your socket
    Putty in my hand

KnightsFolly
    Participant

I don’t usually post here in the forum but just had to say that U-Man’s “gilding the lily” was not only inspired but an absolutely gorgeous photo – it was my hands-down favorite this week. 🙂

schnee
    Participant

Yeah, the closest is the Average Standings stat. I’m not sure how to “normalize” the raw count statistics – someone who has been in 200 contests may have more number one’s than someone who has been in 20.

Anywho, the FSM seems back now. Sorry for the outage.

SilverStag
    Participant

How about ‘First Places per contest entered’ as a fraction? or even “Top Ten Finishes per contest entered”?

Killerclaw
    Participant

Back on the top ten, yay.

corsec67
    Participant

Yeah, the closest is the Average Standings stat. I’m not sure how to “normalize” the raw count statistics – someone who has been in 200 contests may have more number one’s than someone who has been in 20.

Anywho, the FSM seems back now. Sorry for the outage.

It seems like you already have all of the normalized stats that could be wanted. A “total number of 1st place finishes” list would give people who have been around longer an advantage, but would still be interesting.

It looks like my last-minute decision to replace 2 of my entries what definitely the right one. No way my “wet blanket” would have gotten a top 10.

U-Man
    Participant

I don’t usually post here in the forum but just had to say that U-Man’s “gilding the lily” was not only inspired but an absolutely gorgeous photo – it was my hands-down favorite this week. 🙂

Thank you. Of the three I entered, it was my favorite. I think that the saying is just more obscure than, say, don’t cry over spilt milk.

Camel toe and Two peas in a pod are a couple that got my vote.

/voted for the wet pussy too. 🙂

Morningbreath
    Participant

I have to hand it to you U-Man. Week in and week out you enter photos that are creative, original, and very well done. Not many farktographers, or photographers in general have such a solid grasp on all those those aspects.

schnee
    Participant

I have to hand it to you U-Man. Week in and week out you enter photos that are creative, original, and very well done. Not many farktographers, or photographers in general have such a solid grasp on all those those aspects.

Word

But, seriously, as a parent, how did you explain ConsumeAndDecease to your daughter? I bow to your parenting skills.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • The topic ‘07-09-08 – Word Play’ is closed to new replies.