07-09-08 – Word Play

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-09-08 – Word Play

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Morningbreath and schnee,

Thanks. That means a lot to me. While I’m still very much an amateur, I’m learning and I have a ton of fun with these themes. I don’t plan on giving up my day-job for a while. 🙂

schnee, about the parenting ‘skills’. My kids and I have had the swear-word talk. What do you know? What does it mean? etc. That particular chica already knew the eat-poop-and-die saying. Perhaps it was a bit over the top, but I’m OK with it.

linguine
    Participant

I have to hand it to you U-Man. Week in and week out you enter photos that are creative, original, and very well done. Not many farktographers, or photographers in general have such a solid grasp on all those those aspects.

Word

But, seriously, as a parent, how did you explain ConsumeAndDecease to your daughter? I bow to your parenting skills.

With most little kids I dont think you’d have to explain anything other than they have to messily eat some chocolate pudding.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Camel toe and Two peas in a pod are a couple that got my vote.

/voted for the wet pussy too. 🙂

Thanks, man, I really appreciate it 🙂 The gilded lily truly was sweet. Good combination of phrase and composition.

andyofne
    Participant

Mine were something like

He has egg on his face
    dead man’s hand (aces over eights)
    burning a candle at both ends

/not very exciting!

I really liked the crying over spilled milk, my favorite.

KnightsFolly
    Participant
    andyofne wrote:
    Mine were something like

He has egg on his face
    dead man’s hand (aces over eights)
    burning a candle at both ends

/not very exciting!/quote]

You managed to come up with three phrases and convey them all quite clearly. I only managed a single entry this week and was told by a friend that “14 ‘carrot’ gold” wasn’t nearly obvious enough. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Awww, well if it’s any consolation, KnightsFolly, I got it!

FutherMucker
    Participant

I only managed a single entry this week and was told by a friend that “14 ‘carrot’ gold” wasn’t nearly obvious enough. 🙂

Oh Cripes !! 😯 ……I have been in the jewelry business for over 20 years now, and also have a pretty good understanding of the Periodic Table of Elements….I’m almost ashamed to admit this, but I didn’t get it….I thought those might be some sort of Australian carrots that Aussies would recognize.

Sheesh !

U-Man
    Participant

I only managed a single entry this week and was told by a friend that “14 ‘carrot’ gold” wasn’t nearly obvious enough. 🙂

Got it right away. I thought it was “14 ct gold plated”.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Got it right away. I thought it was “14 ct gold plated”.

Dang !…You took that even beyond !!……I feel more stupider and ashamed than before !……..I’m usually quite good at these things….I guess it just hit too close to home, and flew right over me. 😳

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to wrayvynn on your win this week!

wrayvynn
    Participant

wow, just wow. *takes a bow* i didnt mean to steal the show this week. It looks like some of you really took your time on these shots whereas i just dropped a cig by my foot and thought “hmmm”. They were all very well done.

swampa
    Participant

Yes, but you took the time to drop the cigarette, which is more than I did!

Anyway, achievements this week include:
    U_Man passed 3500 votes (and into 5th place on the all-time votes list).
    Markie_farkie hit 3000 votes.
    Corsec67 passed 2500 votes.
    Elsinore has now posted more than 300 entries.
    Silverstag has posted over 150 entries.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • The topic ‘07-09-08 – Word Play’ is closed to new replies.