07-09-08 – Word Play

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-09-08 – Word Play

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    swampa
    Participant

It’s dirty (therefore I like it!) but I don’t think it should be a problem. If anyone complains then you just need to point out that it is their mind that made the connection 😀

U-Man
    Participant

Banned? Dirty? Will this not fly?
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2646832399_216866da4b.jpg

Naaa. That’s just good mildly dirty fun. I think it is SFW and completely OK for fark.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Banned? Dirty? Will this not fly?
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2646832399_216866da4b.jpg

Naaa. That’s just good mildly dirty fun. I think it is SFW and completely OK for fark.

Yup

Remember that it’s just the pic that has to be SFW. Now, if the phrase is NSFW/subject to the Fark filter and you put a hint in your filename, you’ll want to make sure the hint is SFW or it will get filtered by Fark and your link will get pwn’d. And if you link to a page with the NSFW phrase listed on it, you might warn people of that possibility, but as long as the photo itself is SFW, you’re fine.

/planning SFW photos of NSFW phrases myself

millera9
    Participant

Sorry for not responding everyone, life has been busy!

I’d say a hint in the filename or even in the post would be alright as long as you don’t actually say the word or phrase. Does that seem fair?

wrayvynn
    Participant

sweet, because at this point its all i got, lol.

dgough
    Participant

I’ve just come to the conclusion that I don’t have a favorite word, or phrase…Period….I’m in quite a pickle for this challenge…I seriously doubt that I’ll have anything to post this week. 🙁

unless you use “Period” 🙂

This thread is fine with no pictures

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, remember the whole NSFW thing 😉

FutherMucker
    Participant

Is taping a B to my head acceptable ?

It’s either this, or a cig butt in a hole in the ground….Neither of these are favorite words of mine anymore, but that’s all I got for now. 😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think that would be fair game. The word itself isn’t in the photo.

/hopes it’s fair game
    //has a letter in one of hers

staplermofo
    Participant

I wasn’t able to get Apler of K?ln canonized in time. Stupid pope.

FutherMucker
    Participant

THERE ARE WORDS AND PHRASES EVERYWHERE!

True Dat !…….The creative juices are flowing now. How can I get a soldier, standing at attention, to pose for a picture next to a prostitute ?……DIAF ?….If I only had a box of Just For Men hair dye to blaze…..Extra sharp cheese on a girls knees ?….Ghost + Rooster + letter “E” ?…..Pic of me + car crash + Cousin It ?….Summers Eve bottle next to a shopping bag ?…Etc….The possibilities are endless…I imagine the popular, Fark clich?s will do well.

The only thing that’s wrong with this theme is the word “favorite.”….Word/Phrase Play would have been sufficient…..I, honestly, don’t have a favorite word, or phrase.

“Well known” or “popular” words & phrases should have been the ticket….That’s just my $0.02.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Hmm.

OR

or

Choices….

Killerclaw
    Participant

If I was to reshoot the last photo, should I change the in focus area away from the thread the point where the train would crash off the table?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I like the composition of the second hat one, but the first one makes it a little easier to “get” the word. On the train shot, I like the composition of the first shot better, but wish the DOF was deeper so that at least the CSX and spool behind it were in focus.

U-Man
    Participant

Given the Fark rules, is this one allowed?

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/ConsumeAndDecease_6161.jpg

I have others. They’re just not as funny.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • The topic ‘07-09-08 – Word Play’ is closed to new replies.