07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph representations of animals. Difficulty: No actual animals may be in your picture, including things that used to be animals (hamburgers, bearskin rugs, etc).

Another quality theme brought to you by SilverStag!

ravnostic
    Participant

So items in this contest could include hand shadows of animals, stuffed animals/ puppets, statues, clouds that look like animals, etc., correct? Just so long as it’s not a real animal or a bi-product thereof?

Barracuda
    Participant

That’s how I read it.

orionid
    Participant

What about parts of one animal that look like a different animal entirely? Does the difficulty preclude that?

Edit to provide example:

The Yellow Dog by Orionid, on Flickr

Kestrana
    Participant

I think that would be right out.

Barracuda
    Participant

Really liking how this series has turned out, and still have a couple other ideas yet to shoot:

ravnostic
    Participant

Dinosaurs okay? They waz animoos, once, too…. (not talking the real bones, but recreations)

Kestrana
    Participant

I think that’s a valid point. If SilverStag doesn’t respond, I’d tentatively say yes to that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d also think they’d be fair game if they weren’t the bones/fossils.

orionid
    Participant

Really liking how this series has turned out, and still have a couple other ideas yet to shoot:

Wait. This is what we’re going for? Holy crap I was thinking far too abstract, then.

I was thinking more like:

/hotlinked like a, well, something…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

LOL!! I would think that would be fair game too!

lokisbong
    Participant

I would vote for it Orionid! LOL

ravnostic
    Participant

I was thinking both, Orionid; if it evokes an animal, but is not an animal….well that’s my line of reasoning for the theme at least.

ravnostic
    Participant

Okay, it would suck among the voters; but just to qualify, if it’s called the “Wild Duck Cluster”, and I don’t see the duck, is it okay?

Yoyo
    Participant

Okay, it would suck among the voters; but just to qualify, if it’s called the “Wild Duck Cluster”, and I don’t see the duck, is it okay?

Looks more like a rabbit to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals’ is closed to new replies.