07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

I hate to be a narc this soon after returning, but isn’t Mopsy‘s rubber gator shot (2012-07-11 08:04:57 PM) a repeat from the reptiles theme ( http://www.fark.com/comments/3981353/Theme-of-Farktography-Contest-No-182-I-for-One-Welcome-Details-rules-in-first-post-LGT-next-weeks-theme?tt=voteresults0 )? (TF only).

Good memory, but it looks to be a different frame. Enlarging the previous image to the same size as the current image and flicking back and forth shows several minor differences, the most obvious of which is the position of one of the blades of grass:

On another note, welcome back. You were mostly gone by the time I got here, but your mark remains on the stats & rankings and it’s always good to see some of the “pioneers” around here.

Good call on the different frames! I never would have noticed that.

I would hesitate to call myself a “pioneer”. My biggest mark on farktography continues to be having tied a naked Barbie doll to a set of cooking chopsticks over a pot of boiling water. Nonetheless, thanks for the kind words. I’m hoping to come back to a reasonable level of participation.

Really like the BiblioStats site, by the way! I think you had just started sharing it the last time I logged in here. It looks great now and captures a lot of very interesting data. Thanks for doing that.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, and you’re welcome! Still got a lot of ideas I want to implement, but that pesky limit of 24 hrs in a day always seems to get in the way.

mopsy
    Participant

My gator shots are two different frames, but welcome back Millera9.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So good to see you back around, Miller! I hope you won’t be too much of a stranger, though I know how RL can be…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to oddmind this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Seconding that, and adding congrats to Els for the combined win.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wait what? Really? I think that’s a first. Or first in a looooong time 😆

lokisbong
    Participant

Seconding that, and adding congrats to Els for the combined win.

Yeah congrats to both of you.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Hey, you had double 2nd’s, it’s hard to beat that combo. And first? Hardly. Try 17th. First in a long time? That’s a little truer – the last time was for These Foolish Games where you swept single & combined.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol ok maybe I should have said “Since you started announcing combined winners”…don’t think FSM kept track of that. Looks like Foolish Games was almost exactly 2 years ago, so yeah 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals’ is closed to new replies.