07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’d bet he’d say humans dressed as animals is within the spirit

I hope so; else it eliminates most of my best candidates.

I’d guess that’s gotta be OK… at least if the costume covers the human 100%

Hmmm, that’d be the same as disallowing humans entirely for me. Here’s an example of what I’m asking about (already used, so not an actual candidate).

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’d guess that’s gotta be OK… at least if the costume covers the human 100%

Hmmm, that’d be the same as disallowing humans entirely for me. Here’s an example of what I’m asking about (already used, so not an actual candidate).[/quote]

Now, that’s a different sort of example than I was thinking. See, I was afraid of the Playboy bunny shots, or people’s cute little kids on Halloween.

Again, not my theme, so we’ll wait for subby to clarify.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t wanna see snapshots of everyone’s kids at Halloween either. Maybe an explicit “No Halloween shots” difficulty?

// Are you sure about the Playboy bunny shots, though? Might be interesting. You know, for strictly artistic purposes. 😉

Yoyo
    Participant

What about liquor manufacturer and distributor mascots? This is Fark after all.

Barracuda
    Participant

Kosher Processing?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-42XjhE_mx1A/T99XFsjjy3I/AAAAAAAAHoc/ssZfJhRhrdY/s720/IMG_4900.jpg
    (95% de-saturation for a tininted b&w effect, I’ve got several alternatives so if it’s border line, feel free to say so)

linguine
    Participant

I think thats ok, it looks similar to completely desaturating and then adding some color to make it sepia.

Kosher Processing?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-42XjhE_mx1A/T99XFsjjy3I/AAAAAAAAHoc/ssZfJhRhrdY/s720/IMG_4900.jpg
    (95% de-saturation for a tininted b&w effect, I’ve got several alternatives so if it’s border line, feel free to say so)

ravnostic
    Participant

Kosher Processing?

It all looks global to me, FWIW.

Kestrana
    Participant

Well my one concern with allowing humans in animal costumes is whether or not SilverStag would consider humans TO BE animals (which we are biologically). He was very clear in the theme discussion that animals and animal products were out.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

That was my concern as well, Kes, and why I asked about it. However, if that’s the case, wouldn’t it go the other way as well and open the theme up to statues of humans and the like (which I don’t think was SS’s original intent, either)?

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I don’t think so either. Tough call, which is why I’d just say let the voters sort it out. I’ll send a message to SS on FB and Flickr and see if he’s available to pop in here and review the discussion before the contest is live tonight.

emiliogtz
    Participant

A girl in a Playboy bunny costume, while attractive and potentially vote getting, is probably outside the rules.

There goes my idea…

ravnostic
    Participant

Horses…how did I end up with so many horses?

Curious
    Participant

i have three i like culled for about 60. wanted to reshoot a coule but the rain got in the way.

and if we end up with kids in halloween costumes i’m going to piss amd moan and generally make an ass of myself.

ravnostic
    Participant
    swampa
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘07-11-12 – Carnival of the Animals’ is closed to new replies.