07-22-09 – Industrial Arts

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-22-09 – Industrial Arts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Find beauty in industry. Difficulty: no abandoned buildings.

Another quality theme brought to you by SilverStag.

olavf
    Participant

And a little music to photograph by…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEuwAh3LFvM

monsieurstabby
    Participant

First thing I thought of was an abandoned water plant I photograph a lot. :/

But I’ve got another fabulous idea.

clouddancer
    Participant

Are we talking buildings, equipment, or what here? The definition of industry is kind of vague (from Merriam-Webster) or rather open-ended I guess. Is that the point?

1: diligence in an employment or pursuit; especially: steady or habitual effort
    2 a: systematic labor especially for some useful purpose or the creation of something of value b: a department or branch of a craft, art, business, or manufacture; especially: one that employs a large personnel and capital especially in manufacturing c: a distinct group of productive or profit-making enterprises d: manufacturing activity as a whole
    3: work devoted to the study of a particular subject or author

synonyms see business

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hmm..I think clouddancer has a point. We may need to clarify this a bit. It was never really discussed in the original thread as to what the the limitations are.

My initial impressions were to show factories, manufacturing, heavy equipment etc. Though after thinking about it, someone performing a task may fit also.

SilverStag?

lokisbong
    Participant

That ” someone performing a task “was the way I was reading it also.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

With such an open ended theme description and the contest happening tomorrow, it’s probably too late to narrow it down at this point. We’ll have to consider that if we repeat the contest in the future.

clouddancer
    Participant

So basically it’s anything that could be defined as industry? I can go for that, I’m just not sure what else I can photograph.

linguine
    Participant

With such an open ended theme description and the contest happening tomorrow, it’s probably too late to narrow it down at this point. We’ll have to consider that if we repeat the contest in the future.

This contest is next week, that said I’d still agree with keeping it open at this point.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh damn, you’re right linguine, I”m a week ahead of myself! But yeah, I like it open ended myself…

clouddancer
    Participant

It’s fine either way. I’m really okay with it. I actually have a couple of other ideas now. I finished my Vice, Vice Baby shots a couple of days ago and I’m looking to just go do others right now. Have only 1, maybe 2 shots currently for this one and something in mind for a third, but we’ll see how that works. Since it’s an open-ended industry theme, so-to-speak, I think all of mine will fit (and all will be different industries, too).

corsec67
    Participant

Ooh, now I have to go to the Toyota factory in Toyota City and see if I can get anything useful.

sleeping
    Participant

Oh, man we do need to have another contest for abandoned stuff, I just found a great spot…

clouddancer
    Participant

An abandoned theme would be great here too. On each side of me is an abandoned house and there’s an abandoned factory across the river. That sounds like fun, actually.

nobigdeal
    Participant

We have done a few abandoned themes already (and they are always awesome!)

So maybe we need to twist it up a bit?

http://farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=23207#23207

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘07-22-09 – Industrial Arts’ is closed to new replies.