07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Travel via any means available (walking, driving, swimming, boating, flying, cruise missile, interplanetary ion thruster, etc.) fifteen minutes away from where you live. Take pictures of whatever is there.

Theme suggestion kudos to Plamadude30k!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

What is it about my username that everybody gets it wrong?

/Also, Yay for my second theme!

orionid
    Participant

What is it about my username that everybody gets it wrong?

/Also, Yay for my second theme!

I propose two theories:
    1) It’s fun to spin you up because it elicits a reaction?
    2) It’s longer than the average internet attention span of six letters?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Actually, in this case, I copy pasta’d, but missed the k part when I highlighted. I was scheduling a bunch of themes, and just totally missed it. Mea culpa! But at least this time I didn’t add an ‘s’ before the ‘m’ 😉

swampa
    Participant

2) It’s longer than the average internet attention span of six letters?

Yeah what OnionID said! 😛

orionid
    Participant

HAHAHAHAHA!

/*sigh*

Plamadude30k
    Participant

It’s actually kind of funny. Plasmaduke30 should be my new username.

swampa
    Participant

I think P30k should be your new username. It is short and makes you sound like a wrestler 😛

ravnostic
    Participant

Plama, is this intended to be something of a ‘random imagery’ of ‘wherever you go, there you are!’ type theme, or can I do 25 in a 35 zone to stretch the minutes to an area I know I can get some sort of decent photographs of interesting things I know will be there?

//edit–also re-read the original suggestion thread, and wish to confirm the o.k. on the use of panoramics

Kestrana
    Participant

wait…you DONT do 35 in a 25?

Farktographer
    Participant

I personally thought the spirit of the theme was to just stop wherever you are when the minutes run out, and try to get the best shots you can come up with, given the hand you’ve been dealt. That being said, there’s no way that anyone would be able to check and see if you followed the rules, but when I go out for this I’m expecting to get some real random images…

Kestrana
    Participant

^ This is pretty much exactly what I planned on doing

ravnostic
    Participant

I personally thought the spirit of the theme was to just stop wherever you are when the minutes run out, and try to get the best shots you can come up with, given the hand you’ve been dealt. That being said, there’s no way that anyone would be able to check and see if you followed the rules, but when I go out for this I’m expecting to get some real random images…

It’s kind of what I envisioned the theme was about, as well, but by truck I’m 15 minutes from downtown Scottsdale; from Rio Salado Park where I got the picture I recently pm’d to Kes and one of this week’s entries; from downtown Tempe if I wait for rush hour (25 in a 35 zone); from a number of interesting places where I often go on spur-of-the-moment picture taking sessions.

//Not-so-much interesting places if I walk, but I don’t do much of that 1) in July in Az and 2) in my neighborhood at times when it isn’t 105+ degrees with a nice DSLR.

One more question–should the pictures be from one outing (I’m guessing ‘yes’, but to clarify….)

Farktographer
    Participant

That’s actually what I just logged in to ask – if all the photos should be from one outing. I was considering making multiple excursions but didn’t know if I’d need to stay within one grouping for the theme.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

By all means, go on different outings-go in three different directions from your house and find some interesting things near you if you like. The point is not a single outing (which you could do as well), the point is more to find interesting things that are near you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes’ is closed to new replies.