07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em, thanks, CISS

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Elsinore, please put this entry out of its misery (delete), or at least disenvotenate?

2011-07-28 12:05:10 AM, the aerial shot

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Aww got it 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to (Be)CauseISaidSo this week!

ravnostic
    Participant

Congrats to (Be)CauseISaidSo this week!

Indeed!

lokisbong
    Participant

Congrats (Be)CauseISaidSo.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks everyone! Definitely another complete surprise.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Congrats, BISS! Love that elongated house on the right, gives the image a surreal, fairy-tale quality.
    I’m pleasantly surprised I managed to fare so well this week, considering the strong showing (although not a huge hit with voters, I see) of great photos.
    zincprincess, my competitive nature almost stopped me from voting for your waterlily entry, but I couldn’t do it. Had to vote for it, it was just too good!

And thanks Elsinore; i don’t need any more F’s on my transcript 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

@Zero Exponent, I too haz dizappoint at the low overall turnout from the voters. But some themes appeal to the masses more/less than others. Take your vote kudos and run! 😀

zincprincess
    Participant

zincprincess, my competitive nature almost stopped me from voting for your waterlily entry, but I couldn’t do it. Had to vote for it, it was just too good!

Thanks. 3rd is my highest place finish and only my 3rd or 4th top ten.

Congrats to CISS.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks Zero and zinc. That elongated house is a faux “guard shack” at the entrance to a neighborhood. That shot was one of the first I took after getting my dSLR and was actually a double rainbow (which you can see in my entry for Rain Rain Go Away if you’re interested).

Loved the abstractness and range of colors in yours, Zero, and I voted for all 3 of yours, zinc. And don’t shortchange yourself – that’s actually your 5th top ten. 😉

I was surprised by the low voter turnout this week, too, which is too bad considering the slew of great entries, I thought. But it was also pretty quiet around here, so I chalked it up to likely being vacation time for a lot of people.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Vacation time as well as a theme that doesn’t sound like it will turn up what we cranked out.

I’m assuming something similar for the Bokeh contest as that’s such an “inside” term (I’d never heard of it before the contest, and I majored in photography in high school).

Kestrana
    Participant

I loved the flower too zincprincess and will vote again if you have a b-side for Reflections 4

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

This’ll make it to a web page hopefully soon, but for now here’s the recent (sliding quarter) top ten lists:

By actual votes:

Rank  Entrant         Votes
    ----

1 U-Man 951
    2 ravnostic 779
    3 Ranger Joe 723
    4 kestrana 704
    5 orionid 697
    6 BecauseISaidSo 676
    7 Ennuipoet 562
    8 olavf 558
    9 Elsinore 502
    10 lokisbong 501

By NVC:

Rank  Entrant           NVC
    ----

1 U-Man 503.29
    2 ravnostic 432.47
    3 BecauseISaidSo 394.02
    4 orionid 393.98
    5 Ranger Joe 386.21
    6 kestrana 377.66
    7 Ennuipoet 296.76
    8 olavf 285.61
    9 lokisbong 274.77
    10 Elsinore 271.85

lokisbong
    Participant

Whoa! I am in the recent top ten on Both? lists? Too cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes’ is closed to new replies.