07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    kashari
    Participant

I assume the spirit of this theme is to take new pictures, but will old ones be accepted as long as they fit within the distance parameters? I’m without both of my DSLRs right now and am not sure if I’ll have one back before the contest. I have a compact I can use, but the zoom sucks.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I think the strict spirit of the theme is to have people go for 15 minutes (say, plus or minus a minute) and photograph what’s there. As long as the shots fit that requirement, then they’re good, whether you’re aiming for a spot, just exploring, or using archival footage. Obviously we can’t police the travel time-we’re all on our honor to abide by that rule.

kashari
    Participant

I think the strict spirit of the theme is to have people go for 15 minutes (say, plus or minus a minute) and photograph what’s there. As long as the shots fit that requirement, then they’re good, whether you’re aiming for a spot, just exploring, or using archival footage. Obviously we can’t police the travel time-we’re all on our honor to abide by that rule.

Ok, thanks!

olavf
    Participant

Sorry if I sound confused, because I am. We went out yesterday and picked a nature preserve that proved to be nearly exactly 15 minutes from the house, driveway to parking stall, and then proceeded to spend the next two hours exploring and photographing. Are the exploration pictures cool, or should I make the drive again today and photograph the parking lot?

orionid
    Participant

Obviously we can’t police the time travel.

You’ve never seen Timecop, have you?

/Intentional misquote is intentional

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry if I sound confused, because I am. We went out yesterday and picked a nature preserve that proved to be nearly exactly 15 minutes from the house, driveway to parking stall, and then proceeded to spend the next two hours exploring and photographing. Are the exploration pictures cool, or should I make the drive again today and photograph the parking lot?

I would hope that’s fair game. The location was 15 minutes away. In my book, that fits the spirit of the theme.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Completely fine.

olavf
    Participant

Cool beans. I got some pretty awesome shots yesterday, if I do say so myself 😀

Yugoboy
    Participant

Now go back and photgraph the parking lot for the hoppered parking lot contest…

olavf
    Participant

…maybe…

This is California. There are a lot of parking lots here.

Maybe not as much as LA, but nobody walks in LA…

Farktographer
    Participant

Does the freeway count as a parking lot if there’s no cars moving? 😀 That seems pretty L.A. style

thepostess
    Participant

Maybe I’ll get back in on this one. Sounds fun.

Kestrana
    Participant

Welcome back!

clouddancer
    Participant

Probably rehashing old stuff with this question, but I’m asking anyway.

Usually if I go for a walk, about a trip to the mailbox, or just to the lake if I’m straight walking with the younger kiddo, can get me about 15 minutes. I’ve been walking slower since I got fatter. That said, depending on traffic and all that, if I drive 15 minutes just about anywhere in Lincoln is fair game. So I’ve been to both places, and I know what takes me about 15 minutes of driving or walking to get to. So that being a given, if I know a particular location is pretty much about 15 minutes away, can I use pictures I’ve already taken of said location(s) and call it good, or would you prefer I go out with a timer and shoot new for this contest?

I just tend to go to the mailbox, then the lake and back because round trip its roughly a mile and if I don’t stop to take too many pictures I can make it in about half an hour to 45 minutes (its not entirely flat terrain). I suppose I can go the other direction from our house, but its not as scenic.

Hmm, maybe this would be a good contest to enter the lightning-magnet tree…

Morningbreath
    Participant

walking 15 minutes is roughly 0.75-1 mile
    biking 15 minutes is 3.25-4.25 miles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘07-27-11 – Fifteen Minutes’ is closed to new replies.