08-05-09 – Running from Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-05-09 – Running from Camera

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Morningbreath
    Participant

Go Kat! keep kicking ass!

orionid
    Participant

I’m doing long exposure.

You’re not the only one….. 😉

Although, I’m not exactly using the 2 + 5 then flash formula….. more like, well….. just wait and see.

/Edited because I can’t speel.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’ve got nothing but my naked ones…and I’m not sure I want to subject y’all to that.

I am gonna try to do a few with the grandson tonight. I was thinking longer exposure and 2nd curtain flash too.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Sigh… I too have a “long” exposure entry. This is going to be loads of fun though, I’m sure.

Fwiw I wouldn’t recommend shooting at 200mm:

orionid
    Participant

Or 300mm with a 3x for that matter.

staplermofo
    Participant

I tried putting some flames in front of the lens to make it look like I was running from a fire and it looked like crap.

This contest is a lot harder than I expected.

linguine
    Participant

My idea actually came out better than I was expecting. That doesn’t happen a whole lot.

Curious
    Participant

I tried putting some flames in front of the lens to make it look like I was running from a fire and it looked like crap.

now your facebook comment makes more sense 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

I just set Mopsy up with a long exposure try – we’ll see. It may need to be repeated.

I got two shots this afternoon. That photo shoot ended with me (mildly) pulling a groiner. Fark, I’m getting old. 🙁

I too am planning a longer exposure – with a twist. Mwa-ha-ha-ha. I don’t know if it will work though.

btw – JustKat, I missed these comments last week. I hope things are still going well. Perhaps it is a walk in that inner-city park in the afternoon?

clouddancer
    Participant

Well I had mine done, then I some how stupidly deleted them (I’m still not sure how). I’ll have to get them in tomorrow or something. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for at least a little bit (it’s been really hot or rainy lately). Blah. I was at the very least satisfied with what I got (won’t be happy because my butt’s too big, and you’ll know I’m not lying when you see the results).

JustKat, I’m sorry you had to go through surgery, but I hope it fixed whatever was the problem and it won’t be necessary again. Also, I hope you’re feeling better.

olavf
    Participant

Dammitz, I didn’t even think of a long exposure shot. Oh, well. I’ve got two that I’m happy with, and no time for a third the way the work week’s panning out.

olavf
    Participant

btw – JustKat, I missed these comments last week. I hope things are still going well. Perhaps it is a walk in that inner-city park in the afternoon?

With any luck it’ll be Cesar Chavez park, on a weekend. So, there’ll invariably be a Mariachi band and some cold cerveza 😀

cameraflage
    Participant

I had to explain to my co-workers why I had a knot on my head from running away from my camera and into a tree.

“Well, you see, there’s this photo contest on the internet…”

olavf
    Participant

I had to explain to my co-workers why I had a knot on my head from running away from my camera and into a tree.

“Well, you see, there’s this photo contest on the internet…”

oh, ouch! haha :/

I thought I was bad for standing on the berm outside the office taking pics of the overpass construction for days on end

clouddancer
    Participant

There. Mine are done and uploaded to Photobucket. Now, unless Photobucket deletes them, I’m good to go for tomorrow night. Grrr. And I thought I was so good too, ready to go for a while, all snug and comfortable and then I couldn’t find them. That’ll learn me.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘08-05-09 – Running from Camera’ is closed to new replies.