08-06-08 – Go With the Flow

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-06-08 – Go With the Flow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us flow – liquid, traffic, airflow, any kind of ‘fluid motion’ from one place to another.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, SilverStag!

Screwjack
    Participant

I have…a great shot for this one. cannot wait

justkat
    Participant

I have…a great shot for this one. cannot wait

you made that sound so dirty….

I have an idea for this. It involves some minor construction. I won’t know how it will work out until I’ve done it. Unfortunately I won’t even know until I’ve pretty much got all the hard work done. =P

And that’s only one. Well, it’s still a few weeks away.

soosh
    Participant

Q: what’s the policy on TF for dead animals? I’ve got some shots of spawned-out salmon (former salmon, as it were) that I suspect are out of bounds for this. And since I’ve just been given a 24 hour timeout on fark for a TFD thread about sibling incest, I should probably be on good behavior.

But what’s the limit? I’ve had a shot removed that showed an eagle eating a piece of salmon. Is my dog gnawing on a bone out of line? A tiger at the zoo eating a piece of steak? A bird with a bug in its mouth? What if it’s not obvious if the salmon in a stream of water in question is alive or not? Is a pelican or a heron with a fish OK only if the fish is still flopping?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Dead animals are against the posting guidelines (covered in the FArQ, actually). A dog gnawing on a bloody bone still covered in ragged meat would probably not be ok, but a regular (clean) bone wouldn’t be a problem. An animal eating a piece of steak might be ok, if it looks like a T-bone and isn’t too mangled and bloody (e.g. if it looks more like an actual cut of meat and doesn’t look freshly killed/maimed). A bird with a bug should be fine, a bird with a fish should be fine if the fish isn’t mangled/bloody. If the fish in the water look otherwise alive and not floating with glazed eyes, it would probably be ok. Blood/gore is a big part of it, since that can really gross people out. I’d say if in doubt, post it here for a ruling ahead of time.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Q: what’s the policy on TF for dead animals? I’ve got some shots of spawned-out salmon (former salmon, as it were) that I suspect are out of bounds for this. And since I’ve just been given a 24 hour timeout on fark for a TFD thread about sibling incest, I should probably be on good behavior.

But what’s the limit? I’ve had a shot removed that showed an eagle eating a piece of salmon. Is my dog gnawing on a bone out of line? A tiger at the zoo eating a piece of steak? A bird with a bug in its mouth? What if it’s not obvious if the salmon in a stream of water in question is alive or not? Is a pelican or a heron with a fish OK only if the fish is still flopping?

What? Another one? Weren’t we both in one of those like last week?

U-Man
    Participant

…I’ve just been given a 24 hour timeout on fark…

Wouldn’t you rather just get a rap on the knuckles and say, “Ah ssshhhhit!” and then just keep on posting?

Seriously, I agree with Elsinore. Post it here. I’d probably give it a thumbs up.

jpatten
    Participant

OK, I have to come up with something totally unique for this.
    I think there will be a few dozen shots of waterfalls, silky water, and traffic at night.

corsec67
    Participant

OK, I have to come up with something totally unique for this.
    I think there will be a few dozen shots of waterfalls, silky water, and traffic at night.

And that is one reason I am going to try to go with firefighters spraying stuff.

This might be another one of those contests where all of my photos are from different years and states.

EDIT:
    Would a column of smoke count as a “flow”?
    Something like this:
    flickr page

jpatten
    Participant

I have an Idea or 2. Just worried it will be full of Fail. ….

SilverStag
    Participant

corsec67- I’d say that smoke showed airflow. I deliberately left the definition of flow vague, to see what would turn up.

corsec67
    Participant

corsec67- I’d say that smoke showed airflow. I deliberately left the definition of flow vague, to see what would turn up.

Sweet, that makes this an easy contest for me.

I am waiting patiently for soosh‘s nifty picture of snow or something being carried by the wind with with an aurora above it.

jpatten
    Participant

I was also going to say smoke could show flow. I am almost counting on it …

Elsinore
    Keymaster

SilverStag: You said you left things vague. What about something that touches on the title but maybe isn’t literally following the description to the letter?

SilverStag
    Participant

SilverStag: You said you left things vague. What about something that touches on the title but maybe isn’t literally following the description to the letter?

Well, if it shows flow or flowing motion, that would be in line with what I had in mind. What are you thinking? Example?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘08-06-08 – Go With the Flow’ is closed to new replies.