08-06-08 – Go With the Flow

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-06-08 – Go With the Flow

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    FutherMucker
    Participant

Would you folks say something like this shows enough flow to be considered a worthy entry ?…I’m having to dig deep into the archive vault for this one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see why that one would be a problem. It’s pretty 🙂

FutherMucker
    Participant

Thank you…I guess it’s one of those Sea M&M-a-knee thingys…Good thing I have 4+ hours to dig for some other potential entries, as I’m afraid this one doesn’t really show enough flow for my liking….I took this shot a couple of years ago, and named the file “Flowing” when I saved it…..Man, I sure have a LOT of images that I must have thought were worth keeping..This one, I kind of like, but my recycle bin is going to be stuffed tonight !

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I think the anemone photo shows the effect of water movement very nicely, so yeah I like it for this contest.

On an unrelated note, the folks I bounce ideas off vetoed this surfer photo saying it didn’t represent the theme well enough. I have a replacement and will save it for another contest. But since I like the shot I thought I’d post it here in the meantime.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh wow, Choc-Ful-A, I would have thought that fit the theme nicely.

Fark linky: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3786632

SilverStag
    Participant

Choc-Ful-A: I see nothing wrong with the surfer photo.

SilverStag
    Participant

Looks like we’re off to a good start…. I saw that the Tampon card was played early 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Guess Staplermofo and I should have gone with it afterall 😉

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Oh wow, Choc-Ful-A, I would have thought that fit the theme nicely.

Fark linky: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3786632

Thanks to you and SilverStag for confirming my brain is working normally, well at least in this context. 🙂 I had a bunch of photos to choose from this week so I didn’t mind going with their recommendation. They didn’t dislike that shot, they just thought others showed “flow” better.

As long as I’m posting, a couple of the images posted have that BAMM!! immediate impact that makes them leap off the screen. It’s pretty impressive already, even though it’s only open less than 30 minutes.

U-Man
    Participant

Guess Staplermofo and I should have gone with it afterall 😉

First thing my twisty brain thought of. It was sort of hard trying to fit it into an acceptable photo.

U-Man
    Participant

Would you folks say something like this shows enough flow to be considered a worthy entry ?…I’m having to dig deep into the archive vault for this one.

I like it. Top 20. Use it.

harpo
    Participant

So I managed to post my first pic before the rules post and it got deleted. I tried to re-up it but now it’s a duplicate post. I tried changing and rewording the title but I still can’t get it to post. Any suggestions?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm that’s strange. It should repost as long as you’re not duplicating exactly what the original post was. Let me restore the original and move the boobies post instead…

harpo
    Participant

Cool, thanks Elsinore. I tried it a couple different ways and it wasn’t having it. It’s my favorite of my pics this week and I hated to post it 120+ posts down too.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You should be good to go now.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘08-06-08 – Go With the Flow’ is closed to new replies.