08-27-08 – Panoramics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-27-08 – Panoramics

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Killerclaw
    Participant

Can anyone give some CC on my Yosemite picture that might explain why it failed so hard?

My opinion, worth exactly what you paid for:

You have some interesting clouds, and then a bit of bland mountains, and then some silhouetted trees. I think if you had cropped just to the cool clouds, with a bit of mountain for context, it would have been much better.

The entire right quarter is fairly uninteresting, with a few colors there.

I didn’t want to crop out the waterfall…

mopsy
    Participant

I agree with corsec67 and U-Man that we need to run this contest again. There has been so much sharing and learning between all the farktograpers, that the next time around could be even better and that is saying some. I plan on taking panormaic photos wherever and whenever possible. It’s my new favorite. The entire process is fun and the final product is so much more interesting than a single frame. I think I voted for more entries than in any other contest. Fantastic everyone.

justkat
    Participant

I was really intimidated by this contest when i saw it coming up, because i’d never done a panorama before. But I think mine came out technically fine, especially compared to some of the jagged and/or lighting-issue submissions. I still have a lot to learn about this topic, but I feel good that I even ended up wanting to submit three!

My complaint with this kind of contest is that so many of the images totally lose their impact in the thread, even if they look great embiggened. Just a feature of Fark’s picture posting limitations, hey, what can you do?

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Elsinore, my image hosting site apparently had a temporary problem and one of my images in the contest is got flagged as deleted/broken. It looks OK on the image site now, so can I get a reset? The timestamp is 2008-08-27 08:21:17 PM in case that helps.

Thanks!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Hmmm… And now the FSM dropped the image in question from my results. How strange!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got the image restored. The FSM will pick it back up on its passes in the next couple days, fear not 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m sorry for the lack of congrats on this thread, guys. I had inlaws with us the past 2 weeks and just didn’t get to a lot of things. Belated (but still well deserved) congrats to Flavivirus–beautiful shot!

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘08-27-08 – Panoramics’ is closed to new replies.