08-27-08 – Panoramics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-27-08 – Panoramics

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

well my surgery ended up being scheduled for the following week, so i guess i’ll have to give this one a try after all. 😛

Now I just have to find something worthy of shooting… 😉

wrayvynn
    Participant

I have a pile of panoramas to choose from. Narrowed it down to four… now its a toss up between circumzenithal arc or worthington glacier. Hmmmm.

justkat
    Participant

I have a pile of panoramas to choose from. Narrowed it down to four… now its a toss up between circumzenithal arc or worthington glacier. Hmmmm.

I clicked over to this tab and went “circumcised what?” … hello, I’m just kat, and I’m a TFette. 😉

wrayvynn
    Participant

I clicked over to this tab and went “circumcised what?” … hello, I’m just kat, and I’m a TFette. 😉

LOL Sorry, i meant this- (Circumsized arc 😛 )
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2763262996_05c6460b4e_b.jpg

or this- http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/359656258_b7244870ca_o.jpg

Or maybe I should save the arc for “silhouettes”

justkat
    Participant

LOL Sorry, i meant this- (Circumsized arc 😛 )
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2763262996_05c6460b4e_b.jpg

or this- http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/359656258_b7244870ca_o.jpg

heehee

Finally at least took some panoramics, and have a rather whimsical idea to try for another. So I’m going to give it the ol’ college try. 🙂 My camera doesn’t lend itself well to this kind of stuff, alas. Could be much worse I suppose, but it’s not ideal.

The important thing is to have something to submit, to learn something while you find your pictures and learn even more when you see what other people did with the contest. To have fun! 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

The important thing is to have something to submit, to learn something while you find your pictures and learn even more when you see what other people did with the contest. To have fun! 🙂

This. This is what Farktography has done and continues to do for me.

It is pretty cool how we all come here for something. We’re all getting something out of it. And somehow in the taking we provide a piece of the entire thing.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

As cool as that would be, the stitched stuff isn’t allowed unless it’s a specific theme like Panoramics.

wrayvynn
    Participant

As cool as that would be, the stitched stuff isn’t allowed unless it’s a specific theme like Panoramics.

oh poo, well thats nice to know. I do have the unstitched shots i could just use the lower one even thought it would leave out the arc and just show the sundogs and the halo. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah the learning is what keeps me doing this and I’m going to use the same structure to teach my 9 year old photography this year, we homeschool and it would count as an art credit. I don’t think we will be submitting his photos to the threads though, we will just be using the theme ideas as his assignments 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well now, to put an even finer point on it, under the rule of not using photos more than once, a shot wouldn’t be eligible to include in the stitched entry if you used it for something else already.

/say I’m the only bee in your bonnet
    //feels old because few of you will get that

wrayvynn
    Participant

Well now, to put an even finer point on it, under the rule of not using photos more than once, a shot wouldn’t be eligible to include in the stitched entry if you used it for something else already.

Yeah, I realize I will have to either A) use it for panoramics or B) use it for sihlouettes, not both regardless of its stitching or lack thereof. That bieng said, I think I will use it for panoramics, because Worthington glacier just isn’t that impressive I dont think.

U-Man
    Participant

They Might Be Giants?

U-Man
    Participant

I’ve never used PS for panoramics so I got out yesterday evening and got some basic shots to stitch together. I’m in the very early stages of playing with them and have a question. Sometimes the frames don’t fit exactly. I could pretty easily make them look at least OK with some simple selective photoshoppery. Is that sort of thing allowed in this contest or is it still right out?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, for a contest that allows stitching the frames together, I think we have to allow some extra leeway to make that happen. There was some leeway in the original Stitches theme as well.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah, for a contest that allows stitching the frames together, I think we have to allow some extra leeway to make that happen. There was some leeway in the original Stitches theme as well.

Cool.

I have discovered that too many pics stitched together look like crap when viewed at 640 px max width. All you get is a thin ribbon of what-is-that. Picture this half-size.

I live in the Midwest. There’s lots of corn here. What can I say? 🙂

Related question – How do you do the clicky-pop thing on a pic to link to a larger file?

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Hmmm, how to post HTML for click/pop submissions in a BBS that interprets HTML? That’s a challenge I have to try, heh!

Here’s two suggestions. The first will let people click on the image you post to get a bigger one in a new window/tab.

Click image to open bigger version in new window.

The second will make the word “bigger version” clickable to pop a new window/tab.

Click for bigger version in a new window.

Where you replace the things in quotes after src= and href= with the URL’s for the normal size and the bigger size for your image host. The target=”_blank” gizmo is what makes the links pop to a new window/tab.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘08-27-08 – Panoramics’ is closed to new replies.