08-31-11 – Pathways

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-31-11 – Pathways

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

geom_00: Got ’em. Not sure why they’d rotate like that.

I had trouble awhile back with this. I had used the quickie Rotate option on my Flickr photostream, but Fark didn’t get the memo–I went back, edited the rotation in a different way ( Picknik ) and it was fine. I am not enough of a coding-geek to figure out why Fark doesn’t recognize the rotation in rare cases like this, but I would guess that certain programs only do the rotating for the specific site–they don’t change the image itself?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Annnd the downvoter has already struck….

olavf
    Participant

Kat and I already upvoted 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sweet 🙂

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

(I usually don’t ask, but IMO clicking the pops-to-larger is worth it for this one)

It was indeed. I love the mix of stars and fading light.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Ennuipoet, I thought your comment about my crater photo in the contest was great. I thought about replying with “Yeah, context is important when using the words ‘rim’ and ‘plug'” but I didn’t want to get smacked for threadjacking. 🙂 So I’ll note here that yeah that’s pretty much what I thought when I stumbled upon that sign last weekend. I would have laughed except I was winded from hiking a very loose gravel path up the side of the crater.

Kestrana
    Participant

Huh…size issue with 2 of mine today..now they look blurry…

That makes you the size Queen then right? 😆

Kestrana
    Participant
    mopsy
    Participant

I never voted before it became an issue but now vote thumbs up every time. ❗

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, has anyone looked at the voting charts recently? This one’s shaping up to be a good one, voting-wise. We haven’t had an above-average vote count since Volcanoes, Waterfalls & Mountains.

Kestrana
    Participant

There is always an abundance of win in our contests but in this one even the “mediocre” (eye of the beholder yadda yadda) shots are full of win.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Ennuipoet, I thought your comment about my crater photo in the contest was great. I thought about replying with “Yeah, context is important when using the words ‘rim’ and ‘plug'” but I didn’t want to get smacked for threadjacking. 🙂 So I’ll note here that yeah that’s pretty much what I thought when I stumbled upon that sign last weekend. I would have laughed except I was winded from hiking a very loose gravel path up the side of the crater.

😀 I thought if I just went ahead and made the comment before the thread went live we could avoid the fifty posts observing the double entendre in the shot!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just gotta say “Huzzah!” for no Scarlet R’s so far, and a shout out to CISS for adding that feature to Bibliostats!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, Els! I was actually disappointed in that ’cause I wanted to make sure it worked properly under real circumstances. 😉

I did notice in scanning the data that there were a lot of entrants this week that didn’t read the part about “no people in the shots”…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, I lost count of how many images I pulled for that reason…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • The topic ‘08-31-11 – Pathways’ is closed to new replies.