08-31-11 – Pathways

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-31-11 – Pathways

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hiking trails, roads, train tracks, sidewalks – anything people use to move from one place to another. Difficulty: path has to be empty (i.e. no trains on the tracks, no cars on the road, no people on the sidewalk).

Theme suggestion courtsey of Farktographer–thanks!

cameraflage
    Participant

Oooooh, I think this calls for desolate, remote jeep roads through the boondocks…me LIKEY.

lokisbong
    Participant

+1! Lots o empty roads and desolate trails around here

cameraflage
    Participant

Too bad this contest comes up two days before we leave for the backcountry of southern Utah.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

and yet another silly question: What about the shadow of a person, like, say, the photographer? (I have a shot I’m considering using, taken with the sun at my back…..)

olavf
    Participant

Depending on how much shadow, it might be pushing it? I’ll defer to Farktographer though.

Farktographer
    Participant

I think a shadow would be fine – just try to keep the subject the open pathway, not your shadow.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Query: Does “No cars on the road” mean “no cars visible” or “no cars being driven”? Can it be a street with parked cars but no driven ones? (This also applies to parked motorcycles/scooters/bikes.)

Farktographer
    Participant

Try to keep it as abandoned as possible. If you have a few cars on the side, that’s fine with me, but I think it doesn’t fit the theme as well so the voters might not go for it.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Thanx. It’s not like I haven’t got plenty of choices, but there were a bunch of people-less streets in Italy, but had parked cars. Slightly more photogenic than my Sunday in Peoria shots from a few years ago… you wanna talk desolately empty? I stood in the very middle of Main Street, took a few pictures of the empty street and feared in no way for my health and well-being.

I’ll keep your response in mind, though. Thanx again!

U-Man
    Participant

Slightly more photogenic than my Sunday in Peoria shots from a few years ago… you wanna talk desolately empty? I stood in the very middle of Main Street, took a few pictures of the empty street and feared in no way for my health and well-being.

Hey now. You say that Like it is a bad thing…

orionid
    Participant

hehehe

U-Man
    Participant
    QueenBee
    Participant

So can I use an empty “ski” lift? (I say “ski” because it’s the same type of suspended seating that moves, but it’s at the beach which is not really good for skiing 😛 )

ravnostic
    Participant

U-Man Cave Creek is about an hour’s drive from where I live, but caradoc is much closer, IIRC. I won’t be going–I work the weekends, unfortunately–and the night shift, at that. (Well…if we don’t do a fab shutdown in December, maybe I’ll take a vacay day).

//I considered this, but given Farktographer post, am deciding against it. But I still like. Today’s excursion into photography. If anyone spots a mountain lion in the shot–can you let me know?

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2011/aug/30/syc02.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • The topic ‘08-31-11 – Pathways’ is closed to new replies.