09-01-10 – Waterscapes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-01-10 – Waterscapes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    zincprincess
    Participant

I was kinda wondering about fog. Would that be water enough?

Good question. I planned on taking pictures this morning but the fog conspired against me. I did manage a few shots but nothing I’m overly fond of.

lokisbong
    Participant

I woke up fairly early today and got a few cool pictures of the fields behind my place with the trees in the distance half hidden in the fog so I had to ask. If not I already had three picked out.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Fog doesn’t really say “waterscape” to me, but I was considering a frozen lake shot myself. I’ll let Kestrana make those final calls, though.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

Would this be okay? The expanse size seems similar to the last example photo, but I just want to be sure.

U-Man
    Participant

It’s not my theme but fog and snow and ice are not water in my book.

Kestrana
    Participant

If the frozen water would be an expanse of water normally (i.e. a frozen pond, lake, river) it’s fine but just snow or fog on it’s own is not the purpose of this theme.

monsieurstabby that’s fine.

lokisbong
    Participant

I’m cool with that judgment. I think the pictures I already had picked out are better anyways.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Kestrana: Mind if I add “Frozen bodies of water are ok, but snow, fog, ice, and rain on their own are not on-theme” to the description? (Obviously, I added ice and rain thinking that’s where you would go, too, but let me know)

Kestrana
    Participant

Yup that’s fine

Kestrana
    Participant

If you want snow fog ice and rain go vote for the Weather theme in the themes forum 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Cool, I’ll add it 🙂

nobigdeal
    Participant

Crap! I thought this week was “camera made me do it”. Good thing I live near the ocean!

lokisbong
    Participant

If you want snow fog ice and rain go vote for the Weather theme in the themes forum 😀

I already did.

ravnostic
    Participant

Decisions get harder and harder to make each week. My runnersup, or at least ones I considered before deciding they didn’t meet the theme:

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2010/sep/01/runnersup.html

ravnostic
    Participant

kin i’s has contest?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘09-01-10 – Waterscapes’ is closed to new replies.