09-05-12 – Skylines 2: I Know She’s Out There Somewhere!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-05-12 – Skylines 2: I Know She’s Out There Somewhere!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

About this time of evening, out by the bay, they turn the roadlights on the bridge, A diesel rolls in silhouette, eastbound, Lovers glad the sun has set. I’m staring into the twilight wishing someone could post some city and country skylines tonight! Difficulty: Panoramics & stitched entries are ok. Photos must contain man made buildings to qualify. All other Farktography Rules Apply

Theme suggestion courtesy of ennuipoet–thanks!

Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

Do they have to be permanent buildings? Just before this posts, I’m making my annual trek to Black Rock City, NV, which has a beautiful skyline and many large buildings, but we’ll be burning them all down before Labor Day. Legal?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’m not a mod, Lenny, but as long as they’re man-made, I’d say you’re good. staplermofo won the last one with an awesome skyline of staple skyscrapers.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Do they have to be permanent buildings? Just before this posts, I’m making my annual trek to Black Rock City, NV, which has a beautiful skyline and many large buildings, but we’ll be burning them all down before Labor Day. Legal?

Permanence is not required, all they need to be is man made.

Welcome aboard!

Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

Thanks very much, folks. Fun learning so far.

ravnostic
    Participant

My only problem I’m having with this theme is I’m apparently a one-trick pony. I’ve been lightning chasing all summer, and my best shots are from the garage rooftop at work. They’re all city views of lightning. And I know how it plays when you use three images of the same basic thing: FAIL. Trouble is; they’re my best skyline shots that I’m finding. (Well, I have one other that’s not lightning, but it’s the same skyline view).

Barracuda
    Participant

I’m in much the same boat rav. My only really good skyline is that of Seattle from a harbor tour I did a couple years back. Beyond that all my other options are stretching the definition of skyline just a tad. May try to find a free evening later this week to head down into Dallas proper to find somewhere to get a shot of the skyline there.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m in much the same boat rav. My only really good skyline is that of Seattle from a harbor tour I did a couple years back. Beyond that all my other options are stretching the definition of skyline just a tad. May try to find a free evening later this week to head down into Dallas proper to find somewhere to get a shot of the skyline there.

Stretch away!

I’ve got one that’s 3 silos. The other 2 are more “traditional.”

There’s a bridge where I could easily shoot the local skyline beautifully, as well as the hill where the reservoir is for a different angle. While I’ve got the time to try to get to those places, I said “screw it, that’s what everyone else will do” and went with the silos. I like the pic, even if it tanks.

Barracuda
    Participant

Right now I’ve got one of Seattle, one of Newport, Oregon (mostly the harbor and Yaquina Bay Bridge with one of the canneries and such), and debating between one of Mineral Wells, Tx (90% is one building, the Baker Hotel). Not sure how each will play with the voters, but best I’ll likely be able to do given my schedule this week.

emiliogtz
    Participant

I suppose Nissan Skylines are out. I know of a guy who had one imported straight from Japan, with the steering wheel on the wrong side and everything.

He was unable to register it though.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I suppose Nissan Skylines are out. I know of a guy who had one imported straight from Japan, with the steering wheel on the wrong side and everything.

He was unable to register it though.

It’s definitely man made, but I think it loses on the “building” side of the equation. BUT, if think you can make it work, I say go for it. I would’ve kiboshed staplermofo‘s staple city until I saw the end result.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Pursuant to comments from last week…

DON’T FORGET IT’S WEDNESDAY!

You’re welcome

ravnostic
    Participant

TYVM, Yugoboy

Barracuda
    Participant

Alright, I tell myself I’m not going to plead to the farktorgraphy forum each week when I have a difficulty narrowing down the last final picks, but here I am again throwing my hands up in the air with 20 mins till go time.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-NWRiaC9V4AE/UDpKvvNUhUI/AAAAAAAAJvU/lGKJwYoyxv8/s1024/IMG_3942.jpg
    or
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-pBovUizPtks/UEfioNSt7sI/AAAAAAAAKEw/deCGZWoqstY/s1280/IMG_6426.jpg
    (of which I’ve got 3 variations)

Elsinore
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘09-05-12 – Skylines 2: I Know She’s Out There Somewhere!’ is closed to new replies.