09-05-12 – Skylines 2: I Know She’s Out There Somewhere!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-05-12 – Skylines 2: I Know She’s Out There Somewhere!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

^ ^ I like his solution(s).

hunches
    Participant

You’re not alone yugo.

My main frustration is when I feel terrible all I can think about is wanting it to stop (as you say, instead of getting up and doing things), and when I’m feeling good I don’t pay attention to how I got there.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m a therapist, so I’m really getting a kick out of these replies…

/no really

staplermofo
    Participant

My main frustration is when I feel terrible all I can think about is wanting it to stop (as you say, instead of getting up and doing things), and when I’m feeling good I don’t pay attention to how I got there.

It’s annoying and glib, but when you want to ___, really tried, but still can’t ___ that’s a sign you should try again with help. It goes for everything really.
    Depression can be serious, and if you’ve got other problems, trying to force yourself to enjoy life can lead you to speeding around Lake Shore Drive on a motorcycle without a license while doubling up on your modafinil and alprazolam.
    If you have insurance that covers it, it’s worth trying.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Not saying counseling ain’t worth it… I’m going to contact mine this week to resume work due to the situation I’ve got at work… just that sometimes, all you need is a (self-inflicted) kick in the ass and some genuine human contact. Real physical intimate contact… modern America has rendered most physical contact suspect, so we don’t usually get our daily dose of skin on skin contact. Nookie can help mostly because it’s skin on skin in the most thorough and intimate way possible.

staplermofo
    Participant

Not saying counseling ain’t worth it…

Too late. Elsinore is homeless, orionid is in a dissociative fugue and hunches tried to overdose on heroin, but injected into an artery and now he’s scarring children for life with his necrotic fist of horror.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Mopsy this week!

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks, Els. Everytime I checked I was sure I was going to be bounced out of first place. Thank you everyone for the votes. There were some beautiful skylines that should have been up there.

ravnostic
    Participant

There’s nothing saying that your skyline shouldn’t have been, mopsy :o)

U-Man
    Participant

Congrats Mopsy. I was rooting for you…well…kinda. 🙂

/really, I was.
    //You guys are causing me to count my blessings. I’m sending out some good juju for y’all. Hope you receive it.

Barracuda
    Participant

Congrats Mopsy. So many great entries from everyone again this week.

Yugoboy
    Participant

For those who do not know enough about depression, I invite you to read this:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/

It’s about as accurate a representation as I have ever read, AND it’ll make you laugh.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to Mopsy on the individual win and to U-Man on yet another combined win. I was just happy to be back in the game this week but I’m thrilled with my 7th so thanks to all who voted.

U-Man
    Participant

It’s about as accurate a representation as I have ever read, AND it’ll make you laugh.

Wow. I enjoyed that. But it made even more clear to me that depression sucks.

lokisbong
    Participant

Wow. I enjoyed that. But it made even more clear to me that depression sucks.

Yeah I got that impression from this and other things I have read. She hasn’t been putting out anything new in quite a while. I hope she makes a come back because she has a very funny style when she Draws these comics.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘09-05-12 – Skylines 2: I Know She’s Out There Somewhere!’ is closed to new replies.