09-12-12 – She Blinded Me With Science!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-12-12 – She Blinded Me With Science!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

I hate having ideas and no product.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If it’s any clarification, it’s an internal camera in the scope, 640×480 VGA res, about 1/3 Mpxl, with interpolation up to 1600×1200, per the instruction manual (yeah, had to peek). 5x optical zoom. f/3.6. And it does actually have a shutter button on top of the scope. (I think I may gift this one and get the one with 1.3 Mpxl…)

I’m torn on this. On the one hand, there is a camera involved, but on the other hand, it’s basically taking a frame from video, if I’m reading that correctly. And I’m not sure how I feel about frame grabs from video. On the other other hand, I don’t think I feel strongly enough about this to disallow it outright.

Yoyo
    Participant

I hate having ideas and no product.

Baking soda, vinegar, food coloring. Go!

ravnostic
    Participant

If it’s any clarification, it’s an internal camera in the scope, 640×480 VGA res, about 1/3 Mpxl, with interpolation up to 1600×1200, per the instruction manual (yeah, had to peek). 5x optical zoom. f/3.6. And it does actually have a shutter button on top of the scope. (I think I may gift this one and get the one with 1.3 Mpxl…)

I’m torn on this. On the one hand, there is a camera involved, but on the other hand, it’s basically taking a frame from video, if I’m reading that correctly. And I’m not sure how I feel about frame grabs from video. On the other other hand, I don’t think I feel strongly enough about this to disallow it outright.

Not really correctly; it’s a capture of a live moment, just like any other camera (if I chose to record it as video instead, it would be the same as using the video recording an a lot of DSLR’s these days; neither is required, you either take a snapshot or record a video, or you’re just viewing live through a lens, albeit on a screen, but then ‘live view’ is on a screen, too).

It’s a moot point anyway. What I wanted to capture, I cannot find. So I did nothing. Skipping this week, as I have many recent weeks. Tired of posting sub-par images that ‘fit’ for lack of time to take better images with purpose. Didn’t manage to get anything done this weekend beyond working some OT, and doing laundry/cooking/cleaning.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Sorry to hear that rav.

While I didn’t shoot specifically for this, I made sure my pix fit. You’ve got to have a deep enough archive to manage something well above “sub-par.” Your work is usually well above “par,” and I’m surprised you can’t find a single “biology” or “meteorology” pic to use.

ennuipoet
    Participant

(Tap Tap) Hell? Is this thing on?

U-Man
    Participant

*crickets*

ennuipoet
    Participant

Hmm hmm hmmm hmmm hmmmmm *drums fingers*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm..Kes is posting…hope she’s ok. If no post by 8:10, I’ll get it

ennuipoet
    Participant

She was just on FB not 1/2 hour ago, so maybe she’s got an “I Live In the Sticks” Interwebs outtage. They are just like my “I live in damn NYC what is my Interwebs out?” but without the crickets.

Yugoboy
    Participant

so… I’m not the only one…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s up!

Kestrana
    Participant

Sorry I was getting a “bad kitty” notification that my password was incorrect from Fark…then when I posted the boobies I saw I had a booboo in the text, so you can delete the first one please. Sorry 🙁

ennuipoet
    Participant

Naughty Kitty!

Kestrana
    Participant

Contest linky: here

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • The topic ‘09-12-12 – She Blinded Me With Science!’ is closed to new replies.