09-26-12 – Faux Panoramics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-26-12 – Faux Panoramics

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Just a note for everyone tonight – If you don’t usually visit the Themes forum, I’d encourage you to go check out the many theme suggestions currently in there. We actually need to get some more original ideas into the hopper over the next two months, so if you have an idea for a theme we’d love to hear it!

Barracuda
    Participant
    ravnostic
    Participant

Just a note for everyone tonight – If you don’t usually visit the Themes forum, I’d encourage you to go check out the many theme suggestions currently in there. We actually need to get some more original ideas into the hopper over the next two months, so if you have an idea for a theme we’d love to hear it!

I’ve noticed we finally drained the hopper. Shouldn’t we use some clorox in there to clean it up a bit before we go refilling the pool? 😯

//I keed. I’ll take a look and see if I have any idears.

bender16v
    Participant

Width restrictions are driving me crazy! I only have one or two verticals, still working on it though. I like all of those Barracuda, especially the purple flowers.
    Now I’m just getting looney from mirroring images.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’ve been holding off, but I’m gonna make a voting pass through there within the next couple of days or so; maybe even toss in a couple of ideas.

I noticed that several of the themes you’ve personally suggested recently just happen to coincide nicely with a lot of your & orionid‘s trip photos. Happy coincidence or does someone have a couple of ringers they’re trying to throw out on us? HMMM?!? 😆

// j/k of course; I’m sure most of us have a shot in mind when suggesting a theme.

Yoyo
    Participant

Can we get an update on the FArQ?
    http://www.fark.com/farq/farktography/#How_do_I_enter_Farktography_contests.3F
    It still says 640 wide maximum. 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Uh, weird, cause I changed that a couple weeks ago when you guys flagged me on it. Not sure why it didn’t save–can you clear your cache and make sure it’s not just an old copy of the page?

I’m posting the Boobies tonight, but I’m only just now getting to play with images for the contest, so I’ll be entering late. Lots of fun, though–wish I’d had time to play with it before tonight!

ravnostic
    Participant

Uh, weird, cause I changed that a couple weeks ago when you guys flagged me on it. Not sure why it didn’t save–can you clear your cache and make sure it’s not just an old copy of the page?

I’m posting the Boobies tonight, but I’m only just now getting to play with images for the contest, so I’ll be entering late. Lots of fun, though–wish I’d had time to play with it before tonight!

I’m on a new laptop that has never been to the page before and I’m seeing 640×1100.

b’s:

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2012/sep/26/dammirror.jpg

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2012/sep/26/mirrorimage2.jpg

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2012/sep/26/rammirror.jpg

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2012/sep/26/treemirrorsml.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    mopsy
    Participant

Elsinore please delete my first “The River.” I decided it was more important to have everything centered than to hold the place. 😳

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s so weird about the page–I’ll check on it tonight and try to fix it again.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Because I have been a Farktographer for (checks Bibliostats) three years now I have sort of become…constrained…but in a good way by the rules of Farktography. I’ve almost given up HDR entirely, though this is probably just the natural evolution of a digital photographer, and NEVER open an image in Photoshop, doing my editing in Lightroom. Then along comes a theme like this and I remember how extraordinary digital art can be. We are 15 minutes into Live and I see gorgeous pieces of work done simply by looking at a shot and saying “What If?” instead of “What Is This?”

I think I am a far better photographer because of the rules of Farktography, because I think “in camera” like I did in my film days. But, damn have I forgotten how much fun and what beautiful things one can do when one opens up Photoshop and just goes for it.

I said it in the thread, I will repeat it here: I think this will be a stellar theme.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore please delete my first “The River.” I decided it was more important to have everything centered than to hold the place. 😳

Got it!

ravnostic
    Participant

I didn’t use photoshop for any of these–canon’s native software (with new 64-bit features I didn’t have available) and additionally the new lappytop fixered all my irfanview edit problems (spec. ‘save for web). Still, I was thinking outside of the box to upend my cloud/nuke image and mirror it; I thought there’d be more shots like it (i.e., not traditional wide-scope panos); if there’s a problem please say so; I’ll sub in the ‘tree’ image, which may play better with the voters since mine seems to be the only non-wide view image there. :o(

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks. Can’t decide on my third entry. I have a non-landscape one that I would like to enter but it does not look like a panorama. I do have two other landscapes that could be used. Love everything. Great theme!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘09-26-12 – Faux Panoramics’ is closed to new replies.