09-26-12 – Faux Panoramics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-26-12 – Faux Panoramics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take a picture, mirror it horizontally or vertically, and stitch it to the original shot to create a panoramic effect. No other difficulty. Aside from the effect stitching, all other normal Farktography rules apply.

Many thanks to olavf for another quality theme!

U-Man
    Participant

Hmmm. Example(s) please.

hunches
    Participant

Theme thread – first post has a link to examples.

For just this reason (I’ve been left scratching my head by one or two themes as stated, and then looked at the original thread and found clarification) I added links in my printer friendly post to the theme discussions.

U-Man
    Participant

Well. Isn’t that just some cool shit. Fun!

/and thanks for the links.

linguine
    Participant

Are these supposed to be landscape type photos that we’re turning into panos or are any types of subjects fair game to panofy?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

So is anyone else having way too much fun with this one? Narrowing it down to 3 is going to be really tough.

Yugoboy
    Participant

So is anyone else having way too much fun with this one? Narrowing it down to 3 is going to be really tough.

I agree… I only checked two vacation folders and was VERY particular and still had to really contain myself. I’d lose much productivity time if I really went full-retard on an archive dive.

(pardon me if you’re offended, but I just watched Tropic Thunder again this weekend… just as funny the 4th time…)

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m having a blast! I’ve been previewing shots over on G+ and people seem to like them. I’m contemplating starting a theme (if one hasn’t already been started; haven’t checked yet.) Anyone (ahem Orionid Kestrana U-Man care to co-curate if one hasn’t been? MirrorMonday?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’d lose much productivity time if I really went full-retard on an archive dive.

😯 You NEVER go full retard.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I had fun with this one. I predict a very trippy contest.

guine I’m pretty sure any subject is allowed. I hope so, because 2/3 of my picks are not landscapes.

Some early ‘good-but-not-good-enough’ ers: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42385982@N06/sets/72157631623215454/

ennuipoet
    Participant

As with so many other themes I thought were…odd 😀 I find my results in this theme truly pleasing. That’s one of the things keeping me coming back to Farktography is you people keep demonstrating that I know bupkiss 😛

Curious
    Participant

email just now from my hosting company:
    Hello,

We wanted to send a final reminder concerning the migration of your server to our Irvine data center on 9/26/2012 at 5pm PST. We estimate that the migration will be approximately 4 hours or less of server downtime.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

5 pacific is 9 eastern add four hours for down time

may enter late.

bender16v
    Participant

I’ve been super busy and just started to play with some images. This makes some really cool results! I have to try not to get sucked in or I’ll never get three to enter.

Barracuda
    Participant

I’ll be getting mine done tomorrow, thankfully this one is a fairly easy archive dive, next week though I may be S.O.L.

Yugoboy
    Participant

email just now from my hosting company:
    Hello,

We wanted to send a final reminder concerning the migration of your server to our Irvine data center on 9/26/2012 at 5pm PST. We estimate that the migration will be approximately 4 hours or less of server downtime.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

5 pacific is 9 eastern add four hours for down time

may enter late.

Do you have the URLs? Can you still post those with the Red Xs and just warn the mods?
    Do you need an OBO?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘09-26-12 – Faux Panoramics’ is closed to new replies.