09-28-11 – Show of Emotion 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-28-11 – Show of Emotion 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

After a long week that isn’t over yet, I came here to find out what this week’s theme is. I got nothing picked and nothing planned.

Too bad you didn’t get a shot of your face the moment you realized that your camera just fell overboard!

What? Too soon? LOL! 😉

kashari
    Participant

Grab a kid, tell him he’s getting a motorcycle, then tell him it’s from the make a wish foundation,.. and.. well, you know…
    Then tell him you’re just kidding and laugh maniacally. There are your three shots, shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.

😆 you crack me up!

U-Man
    Participant

Grab a kid, tell him he’s getting a motorcycle, then tell him it’s from the make a wish foundation,.. and.. well, you know…
    Then tell him you’re just kidding and laugh maniacally. There are your three shots, shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.

Sadly, I am not above being a *little* bit mean to my kids for a shot. Although I haven’t done anything specific for this one, I have an idea…

U-Man
    Participant

After a long week that isn’t over yet, I came here to find out what this week’s theme is. I got nothing picked and nothing planned.

Too bad you didn’t get a shot of your face the moment you realized that your camera just fell overboard!

What? Too soon? LOL! 😉

Surprise! Shock! Disbelief! — All with my front teeth on my lower lip making an “F” sound at the beginning of word.

Naaaa. Not too soon.

I might be able to sneak away from work around 3 or 4 this afternoon. It’s yucky rainy weather here but I am trying to decide if I go musky fishing ’til dark or go home and try some emotion pics.

olavf
    Participant

Oh crud. I’ve been so busy processing pics from the weekend and being sick that I didn’t realize it’s already Tuesday. I *think* I have some recent ones to use 😛

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

So, I have a shot of a former neighbor kid, about 5 yrs old, talking to me from his bedroom window, forlorn as he tells me about moving because his parents are divorcing.

What’s the ethics/legality of posting that? Will voters like a depressing photo?

ennuipoet
    Participant

So, I have a shot of a former neighbor kid, about 5 yrs old, talking to me from his bedroom window, forlorn as he tells me about moving because his parents are divorcing.

What’s the ethics/legality of posting that? Will voters like a depressing photo?

Legally, if you were on public space, you’re clear. If you were on private property, it is hazy, but probably still OK. The real legal liabilities of using a photo like that without a signed release only come into play if you are using the photo for a commercial purpose. Farktography isn’t a commercial purpose, it falls within the art/editorial use.

Ethically, well, that is kind of relative. Personally, I don’t see a problem, I would probably use it. So long as the child’s name and location are reasonably protected, I would go for it. If I were divorced with kids, I might feel different about it.

As to the voters…no one knows what the hell is up with THOSE people!

Farktographer
    Participant

Ugh…moving was more hectic than I anticipated. I’ve got nothing this week. Can’t wait to see the emotional shots, everyone.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

Thanks, Ennui.
    I took the picture from my yard (years ago), and I pretty much knew all would be legal….just wanted someone to back me up, I guess.

It’s just a matter of if I want it in the contest..

linguine
    Participant
    orionid
    Participant

Does gay and/or drunk count as an emotion? http://www.flickr.com/photos/guine/3061717193/in/set-72157627456495981

I’ll allow it. That looks like “mischievous” to me.

Curious
    Participant

FWIW & FYI & BTW my second entry tonight will be of a small black dog being happy. it looks remarkably like the dog in my “black” entry. in fact it is the same dog shot at the same place about 3 seconds apart. tonight’s and “black” are separate frames with a similar (but different) crop.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    ravnostic
    Participant

Elsinore, would you be kind enough to delete my Blerticus post where the title is misformated on the page? Thanks!

U-Man
    Participant

Input for #3 please –

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Spilt-Milk_4585.jpg
    From years ago for the “sayings” theme. Obviously, “Don’t cry over spilt milk”

or

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Low-Key_9505s.jpg
    Feeling…ummm…good?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘09-28-11 – Show of Emotion 2’ is closed to new replies.