10-01-08 – Neon

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Looking forward to U-Man’s kid holding a neon sign.
    And Soosh with a neon sign in the store window of a snow covered shop.

Alas. No kids. 🙂

Neon was harder than I thought it would be to photograph. I’m still in an ooo-a-new-toy phase with HDR so I bracketed many of my shots. I wound up liking the stopped-down pics better than the auto-exposed ones on most.

Here’s some possibles I chose not to use…

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Cross_0819.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Neon_2661.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/2_2353.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Neon_2710.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Neon_1979.jpg

That last one is from inside that big golf ball thing at Disney World’s Epcot. Y’know those long strings of light hanging down near the end of the ride? That’s them.

I like the feel of the closed hot dog shop with the turned-over stools. Kinda soosh-y. (not sushi)

U-Man
    Participant

Elsinore, feel free to can my Peeps joke pic if you want to. It just popped into my head when I saw sclark’s first pic. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s fine…it isn’t voting enabled. btw, I dig your Jesus Saves pic above. It’s ironical or something.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks for the comment about the cross. I photographed it on two different nights for this theme. It’s a great subject. I just couldn’t seem to make it work like I wanted. Y’know?

SilverStag
    Participant

I have a whole list of places like that, U-Man- I see them in my minds’ eye, but can’t quite get the photo to work.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Thanks for the comment about the cross. I photographed it on two different nights for this theme. It’s a great subject. I just couldn’t seem to make it work like I wanted. Y’know?

I love the Epcot photo it’s so geometric but randomized at the same time.

Also, the Jesus-Saves cross bling is very nice too. I’ve spent enough time in Dallas to know things like that are just part of normal life for many people. Seeing it framed like that drives home how odd that really is.

PS – Thanks for the kinds works Elsinore and mopsy.

jpatten
    Participant

And to answer my own question re: plasma globes:

“Tesla called this invention an inert gas discharge tube.”

One of the main reasons I angled for “any low pressure gas discharge lighting” was I wanted to use this one! 😀 😀

THat and I had nothing else neon

U-Man
    Participant

Aaaack. The whole image host site I use crapped out “for maintenance”. 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

When it comes back up, let me know and we can restore your entries.

mopsy
    Participant

Aaaack. The whole image host site I use crapped out “for maintenance”. 🙁

I use the same host site and just found out that it is down. It says it will be up October 3. Hopefully it does and there is still someone out there voting. Do I need to do anything to get my entries back on the contest? This stinks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, just let me know once they’re back (and I’ll try to check back myself as well). The entries can be restored and the FSM will pick them up within 24-48 hours afterwards, so you’ll at least get all the votes you got to that point. I will say I’ve seen voting totals changing into Saturday, so there may indeed be continued voting once you’re back up.

mopsy
    Participant

No, just let me know once they’re back (and I’ll try to check back myself as well). The entries can be restored and the FSM will pick them up within 24-48 hours afterwards, so you’ll at least get all the votes you got to that point. I will say I’ve seen voting totals changing into Saturday, so there may indeed be continued voting once you’re back up.

Thanks! Just finished voting for everyone else. Great photos as always!

U-Man
    Participant

Els, I think I’d prefer to just leave them off and sit this one out. I’m all pissy at imageevent right now. If I change my mind I’ll let you know. K?

/watching my Cubs *CHOKE* isn’t helping my mood. 😡

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Completely up to you. I can restore them until the thread is closed, just let me know.

/Sorry about the Cubbies

mopsy
    Participant

Completely up to you. I can restore them until the thread is closed, just let me know.

/Sorry about the Cubbies

My daughter and I walked all over Milwaukee getting those photos and I feel very frustrated that the host went down.
    My problem is I won’t be back at my computer until late tomorrow. So as soon as I know it is up again and I can get the message to you, I will do so. As you said, at least I will get the votes I had before the “crash.”

Thanks for understanding!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • The topic ‘10-01-08 – Neon’ is closed to new replies.