10-01-08 – Neon

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

u-man, I’d highly suggest getting your own hosting. I use 1and1.com hosting and have a business package that lets me have like 5 domain names, what amounts to unlimited transfer rates, ftp access, I host a couple of forums, I host my website and one other, etc, and I pay $10 a month. It’s so troublefree it’s just amazing.

corsec67
    Participant

u-man, I’d highly suggest getting your own hosting. I use 1and1.com hosting and have a business package that lets me have like 5 domain names, what amounts to unlimited transfer rates, ftp access, I host a couple of forums, I host my website and one other, etc, and I pay $10 a month. It’s so troublefree it’s just amazing.

Personally the images in the contest itself are on my Dreamhost.com hosted site, with the bigger sizes being on flickr. You could easily host everything on flickr, with the 640×1100 images being “private”, so that you can set the size and compression exactly to fit in fark.com’s limitations.

One note: FTP is a bad thing to use. It is quite insecure. Use ssh, scp, or sftp instead.

soosh
    Participant

If flickr wasn’t blocked at my work, I would use that.

I know ftp is insecure, but I just use it to batch transfer files to my website. I don’t think there’s a lot of harm there.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

U-Man and Mopsy: I just checked and your host is still down. I’ll check back later this evening/tonight and see if they’re up yet.

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man and Mopsy: I just checked and your host is still down. I’ll check back later this evening/tonight and see if they’re up yet.

Yesterday, they said it would be up today at 5 AM. Now there is a message stating it’ll be back up Oct 4th, 11 PM PST.

/I wonder what caught on fire over there.
    //I’m going to sit this one out. Please remove my entries.
    ///As far as I know, Mopsy still wants her votes 🙂

Uranus
    Participant

wa-hey! a top 10 for a change, although i strongly (very strongly) suspect that U-Mans hosting woes handed me my position by default…

mopsy
    Participant

Elsinore I have my photos back on the contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Mopsy: Got the originals restored and the new ones deleted.

U-Man: If you change your mind before Sunday, let me know. Otherwise, they’ll just remain deleted as they currently are.

mopsy
    Participant

Mopsy: Got the originals restored and the new ones deleted.

U-Man: If you change your mind before Sunday, let me know. Otherwise, they’ll just remain deleted as they currently are.

Thanks, Elsinore, for restoring the votes. We’ll see what happens.

U-Man
    Participant

Elsinore, please go ahead and restore my pics. The blue one is pretty. I happen to like the dark and gritty tattoo place. And while the Carpet Weavers is a bit hokie, it’s fun.

/Better mood tonight. It’s Friday. Kids are in bed. Cubs didn’t lose today…
    //Thanks is advance.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

Ok, I gotta ask. Would it be completely bad form to do a little endzone dance considering U-Man’s difficulties? It’s just that I’m stoked about my first ever first place. (BTW, I did get to vote on U’s pics before they went bye-bye. I especially liked “Blue Neon with a Twist”.)

corsec67
    Participant

Ok, I gotta ask. Would it be completely bad form to do a little endzone dance considering U-Man’s difficulties? It’s just that I’m stoked about my first ever first place. (BTW, I did get to vote on U’s pics before they went bye-bye. I especially liked “Blue Neon with a Twist”.)

Hah, an endzone dance would be fine by me, that entry is definitely worth it. I knew I didn’t have anything too special this week.

/And maybe a ticket to the super double plus+ secret Farktography awards ceremony?
    //So secret that I have never seen it…

U-Man
    Participant

Naaa. Not bad form at all. You had the contest well in hand before my host crapped out. And rightfully so – yours was the best pic. Congrats on your first #1 🙂

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, guys. That super double plus+ secret awards ceremony sounds interesting. But, I’d settle for a seat at the big peoples table at the next Farksgiving feast. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • The topic ‘10-01-08 – Neon’ is closed to new replies.