10-08-08 – Collections

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-08-08 – Collections

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show off collections of things. Most people have some sort of collection or know people who do.. stamps, pressed flowers, beer cans, screws that you don’t know what they go to and they might still be useful, etc.

Thanks to Teffy for the theme suggestion!

corsec67
    Participant

Heh, my first entry to this one is pretty obvious:

Empty out the lens shelf. And then realize that I have 3 Pentax mount 50mm lenses. (Lensbabies, 50mm f/1.4, and an ancient 50mm f/2 manual lens)

FutherMucker
    Participant

Empty out the lens shelf. And then realize that I have 3 Pentax mount 50mm lenses. (Lensbabies, 50mm f/1.4, and an ancient 50mm f/2 manual lens)

Ya’ might as well use that 500mm mirror lens as the foundation. 😆

FutherMucker
    Participant

This theme is gonna’ be a tough one for me.

staplermofo
    Participant

Heh, my first entry to this one is pretty obvious:

I am sooooo gonna out-obvious the hell out of you.

U-Man
    Participant

I am sooooo gonna out-obvious the hell out of you.

I chuckled.

FutherMucker
    Participant

This theme was done on a forum I belonged to years ago, and I was AMAZED at how many people posted macro images of dust, and finger cheese from their old remote for the TV, VCR, keyboards, etc….IMHO, difficulty should be real collections of items obtained via purchase or inherited…………..One fellow said “I collect nothing but dust.”…..It was a nice image, but didn’t follow theme, IMHO……..What say you folks ?

staplermofo
    Participant

I have no problem with 100 shots of dust. (Possibly because I wanted to post my cat sitting on a pile of milk jug rings.) Besides, it’s awfully close to the contest to add restrictions.

U-Man
    Participant

If somebody can get a good looking pic of dust, more power to ’em.

/I got nothing so far.

jpatten
    Participant

I am out of state on vacation. I have nothing! …. and its a low budget vacation so I dont even have cheesy disney souvenirs…

soosh
    Participant

if you can find a gift store that would let you shoot inside, you might be able to come up with something.

corsec67
    Participant

if you can find a gift store that would let you shoot inside, you might be able to come up with something.

One of my Orange Entries was taken inside a grocery store, so that might not be a bad idea.

The worst they could say is “no”, if you ask nicely.

soosh
    Participant

Museums, too would be another place to find a collection.

nobigdeal
    Participant

If somebody can get a good looking pic of dust, more power to ’em.

/I got nothing so far.

Well..most people have Cd collections, DVD collections, Booze collections, camera equipment, etc…

Look around the house I bet you find a lot of things that could be “collections”

Hope that helps.

U-Man
    Participant

I don’t know why but I’m just not into this one. There’s lots of stuff I could shoot – I’m just not feeling the magic.

/7:4 odds I’m shooting some asinine thing later tonight. 🙂
    //btw Els (and maybe schnee) my Neon stuff still didn’t make it over to the FSM. Farked?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘10-08-08 – Collections’ is closed to new replies.