10-08-08 – Collections

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-08-08 – Collections

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

I don’t know why but I’m just not into this one. There’s lots of stuff I could shoot – I’m just not feeling the magic.

/7:4 odds I’m shooting some asinine thing later tonight. 🙂
    //btw Els (and maybe schnee) my Neon stuff still didn’t make it over to the FSM. Farked?

Yea I had nothing either but I just walked around my messy office and found about 30 shots.

Go figure?

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Time is not my friend this week… I’m a lifelong pack rat, so there’s lots of options in the house. But real life is not cooperating.

U-Man
    Participant

Working on three hours of sleep Monday night, I finally got interested in this one last night at 9. I did two sort of hokie ones with stuff around the house and found a decent old one with some photographic merit.(thanks for reminding me about that one Mopsy)

I had an idea that involved a short drive and I was actually in the garage with my camera and tripod at 1130 last night when reason reared its ugly head. I want to bed. Then, while at work today, I remembered another old one I could have used. I also snuck out right after lunch and tooks some shots of another collection.

Unfortunately, I’m stuck at work until 10 (11 EST) without a card reader or photo editing software. I’ll probably submit two early and one when I get home.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Working on three hours of sleep Monday night, I finally got interested in this one last night at 9. I did two sort of hokie ones with stuff around the house and found a decent old one with some photographic merit.(thanks for reminding me about that one Mopsy)

I had an idea that involved a short drive and I was actually in the garage with my camera and tripod at 1130 last night when reason reared its ugly head. I want to bed. Then, while at work today, I remembered another old one I could have used. I also snuck out right after lunch and tooks some shots of another collection.

Unfortunately, I’m stuck at work until 10 (11 EST) without a card reader or photo editing software. I’ll probably submit two early and one when I get home.

My whole 10 minutes I put into this last night produced some decent shots.

Either I’m getting better at this photography thing or I got lucky 🙂

Right now I’m sitting in Wal Mart parking lot while my wife shops, listening to Celtics preseason game & waiting for the contest to go online.

/Yay AT&T laptop connect card!!

SilverStag
    Participant

I dug waaay back into my slides- some 27 years back to be precise, to April of 1981, to show y’all why I *don’t* collect things. Back before I had wide-angle lenses or anything more sophisticated than a point-and-shoot camera.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I wasn’t that into this one either, honestly. Partly due to lack of time/lots going on. This will pretty much be participation only for me this week…

U-Man: Think schnee will need to troubleshoot your neon entries. Did Mopsy‘s entries make it over?

Oh yeah, linky: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3930031

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man: Think schnee will need to troubleshoot your neon entries. Did Mopsy‘s entries make it over?

Yeah, Mopsy’s made it to the FSM. You restored hers several hours before mine. She must have just made it.

corsec67
    Participant

Hmm, I am the only person so far with a picture of most of my shoes.

/I wish I had a picture of my Uncle’s collection of Katanas, to get my man-card back…

U-Man
    Participant

With that calculator pic included, I wouldn’t worry so much about the shoes. 🙂

At least the one pair has flames on ’em.

U-Man
    Participant

Oh yeah. I thought about doing a pic of ALL of my wife’s shoes but the 10-22 wasn’t wide enough.

Ba-dum, tsshhh. Tip your waitress.

corsec67
    Participant

With that calculator pic included, I wouldn’t worry so much about the shoes. 🙂

At least the one pair has flames on ’em.

Yep, and another 2 pairs are made of hemp.

Curious
    Participant

i saw the theme this weekend and got excited — had to work extra days this week — 15 minutes before the contest was posted shot some, resized, uploaded and posted.

they are snapshot quality at best but i really wanted to post this week. and after seeing how well you all did and rethinking my various “collections” of things … well thank god i’m not here for the cash prizes.

Killerclaw
    Participant

haven’t been shooting digital recently, and my scanner doesnt work on Vista…So that’s why I haven’t entered recently

orionid
    Participant

Hmm, I am the only person so far with a picture of most of my shoes.

/I wish I had a picture of my Uncle’s collection of Katanas, to get my man-card back…

WANT!

Killerclaw
    Participant

I kind of liked my CD picture =(

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘10-08-08 – Collections’ is closed to new replies.