10-08-08 – Collections

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-08-08 – Collections

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

I kind of liked my CD picture =(

If it makes you feel better I voted for both your pictures.

I thought my booze collection shot was my best this week but apparently nobody else did.

Not to offend anyone but we seem to have gotten a lot of not so technically great shots of some really cool collections this week.

Oh well I guess that’s farktography!

staplermofo
    Participant

The ムック album was upside down. I’m sure people were just upset that by that. You know what perfectionists they are.

Curious
    Participant

Not to offend anyone but we seem to have gotten a lot of not so technically great shots of some really cool collections this week.

hey i resemble that !!

well i won’t say that my collections are cool to others but i like them.

and it’s contests like this that farktography should be on occasion. technical merit and sticking tightly to the week’s theme also have their place but it’s contests like this that grow the membership.

nobigdeal
    Participant

hey i resemble that !!

well i won’t say that my collections are cool to others but i like them.

and it’s contests like this that farktography should be on occasion. technical merit and sticking tightly to the week’s theme also have their place but it’s contests like this that grow the membership.

I don’t mind contests that end up like this. I personally vote on technical merit and adherence to theme, but I definitely love seeing new names in the thread. Plus the collections people have are really cool!

Killerclaw
    Participant

The ムック album was upside down. I’m sure people were just upset that by that. You know what perfectionists they are.

Ah yes. I’ll be sure apologize to them when I see them live in December.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Did anyone notice that the key shot has been done before?

Not calling anyone out, just pointing it out.

The original:

This week:

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The lighting is different, so my guess is that it’s two shots of the same setup. If I went to the trouble of arranging all those damned keys you can bet there would be many. many shots in the DSLR before I tore it down!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The angle is also different. It’s definitely legal for this week.

U-Man
    Participant

I agree. I found it difficult to frame a technically good shot of a bunch of stuff. I did this one and discarded it because I got the utility pole late and used that instead. As I was saying goodnight to the kids Tuesday night I noticed all of the creations they had made. As you can see, I was unable to get a pleasing photo (for anybody except me and the Mrs. and maybe the grandparents).

Killerclaw
    Participant

The angle is also different. It’s definitely legal for this week.

oh, I wasn’t trying to call the legality into question

FutherMucker
    Participant

Fiddlesticks !!!!!!!……I missed this one……Had a couple neat shots 🙁

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

I agree. I found it difficult to frame a technically good shot of a bunch of stuff. I did this one and discarded it because I got the utility pole late and used that instead. As I was saying goodnight to the kids Tuesday night I noticed all of the creations they had made. As you can see, I was unable to get a pleasing photo (for anybody except me and the Mrs. and maybe the grandparents).

And an excellent shot of the utility pole it was. Frankly, my favorite of the whole contest.

orionid
    Participant

And an excellent shot of the utility pole it was. Frankly, my favorite of the whole contest.

I concur. U-man I’m curious as to what clicks in your head that makes you see things and think “That’s an ugly aspect of everyday life…. but it would make an excellent photograph.”

soosh
    Participant

not to speak for U-man, but the “that’s an ugly aspect” never really happens for me. It’s just what catches my eye or that I find interesting.

orionid
    Participant

It’s just that some of his more amazing photographs are things like utility poles littered with staples and nails, rusty culverts, old keys…. things that I wouldn’t even think to photograph but yet, I find myself voting for every week and wondering if I’ll ever have that sort of “Aha!” clarity.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘10-08-08 – Collections’ is closed to new replies.