10-17-07 – Wallpaper This!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-17-07 – Wallpaper This!

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author

I’ve not been participating in the contests lately. Decided I needed better equipment to even come close to any of the real photos in the weekly contest, and this week proves my point ten fold!

The quality of the images is just stunning. The cream really comes to the surface.

XenPix
    Participant

Two of my entries were taken with my Canon Powershot A70 (3.2mp), so no more excuses! You have a great eye and your flickr page shows that you’re very artsy.

I feel a little overwhelmed by the quality of the postings nearly every week. And every week I’m amazed mine get the votes they do. Don’t give up!

boringolddoug
    Participant

Funny, I’m finding that my new equipment is handicapping me. I’ve been shooting film for 28 years, learned about what film to use for depth of colour vs sensitity and all that stuff, now I’m re-learning on my digital SLR which doesn’t behave the same way and has to be adjusted in different ways and has funny quirks and I’m not turning out the images I think I should be getting.
    If better equipment gives you opportunity, go for it, but don’t expect it to make the images work. You gotta do that for yourself. And like Xenpix said, you’re doing well, just keep learning.

boringolddoug
    Participant

This week’s theme put my Flickr views to 1000, adding over 200 views in 36 hours. The power of Farktography is evident.
    Thanks Fark and Farktography.

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • The topic ‘10-17-07 – Wallpaper This!’ is closed to new replies.