10-25-06 – Forks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

What’s your hubby’s login? If he has one it wouldn’t hurt for him to enter.

he’s a liter, but he never wants to play for some reason. ’tis a shame, because he’s got some great stuff and would probably do pretty damn well. maybe i’ll sponsor him for xmas.

Silly boy…tell him he wouldn’t be the only hubby ever dragged into this 😉

monkeybort
    Participant

What’s your hubby’s login? If he has one it wouldn’t hurt for him to enter.

he’s a liter, but he never wants to play for some reason. ’tis a shame, because he’s got some great stuff and would probably do pretty damn well. maybe i’ll sponsor him for xmas.

Silly boy…tell him he wouldn’t be the only hubby ever dragged into this 😉

i have, i think he’s afraid he’ll get addicted and then not get anything accomplished.

i don’t know where he came up with THAT idea. 😆

Diggin
    Participant

This hurts… I had an idea of a woman with lucious full lips ready to bite the cherry off the end of a shrimp fork. I had the fork and the cherry but no lips. When I called some people I know and requested they let me photgraph them this way I was laughed at. Not a little giggle either. This was hard core in-your-face-type laughter followed by, “Your going to get in trouble asking people for this!”

Needless to say I have failed at my ideal shot but at least someone, Lady_Elsinore, came close to it.

Pfft… I got nuttin!

Titled: Formation Flying

mikemikeb
    Participant

Hey, I got a third idea. I think I’ll — oh, wait:

Here’s one I’m not entering, but I couldn’t resist taking it. I’m such a dork…
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/279149530/

Oh, crap, now everybody’s gonna think I ripped off the idea…

Pfft… I got nuttin!

Titled: Formation Flying

You’d be surprised at how many votes that would get.

Anyway, now it seems like I’d be ripping off two people. Darn it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Diggin: I’m seriously laughing out loud at that! But seriously, I like your formation flying one–it does look like that!

mikemikeb: I’m not going to enter mine–figured it was way obvious and someone else would do it (besides the fact that my execution on that shot isn’t that great), so post em if you got em. No skin off my back 🙂

Diggin
    Participant

Are multiple exposures allowed? I have one I’m about to enter but someone is questioning it.

Same fork, shot twice under 2 different lights

monkeybort
    Participant

Are multiple exposures allowed? I have one I’m about to enter but someone is questioning it.

Same fork, shot twice under 2 different lights

if it was done in camera (not photoshopped) i *think* it should be fine.

if you put it together in photoshop, probably not.

Diggin
    Participant

Basically, with the exception of contrast and exposure adjustments, this is straight out of the camera. No cropping, brushing or anything. I wish I could because I would have fixed the “gold” prongs to remove the shadows.

monkeybort
    Participant

Basically, with the exception of contrast and exposure adjustments, this is straight out of the camera. No cropping, brushing or anything. I wish I could because I would have fixed the “gold” prongs to remove the shadows.

i say enter it and mention that it was all done in camera.

nice shot!

Diggin
    Participant

Will do! Thanks!

zeke
    Participant

I’ve gotta say it.

You suck, schnee.

You really, really suck.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Diggin, that multiple exposure is sweet! How’d you do that in camera? Long exposure?

monkeybort
    Participant

elsinore – i borrowed your ‘forktography’ for the link description – hope that’s ok. i thought it was too good (and cheesy! in a good way :P) not to use.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol that’s quite alright! I swear sometimes cheese is my middle name…right after dork 😉

mikemikeb
    Participant

You suck, schnee.

You really, really suck.

I found that schnee‘s was better, anyway, but at least you beat somebody to the punch on another one!

Anyway, this is the first time I can recall where all three of my entries were taken with the Canon 50mm prime I have. It’s nothing to sneeze at, as it’s the $80 f/1.8 version, but nevertheless…

Also, re: those first two photos of mine with the subject too far to the sides — I think I’ve been watching too much Fashion House.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • The topic ‘10-25-06 – Forks’ is closed to new replies.