10-25-06 – Forks

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

What about GalleyWench? Zeke’s goatee grows in reddish when he doesn’t have to shave it for work…we’re fucked…

er..Farked…literally 😉

mikemikeb
    Participant

Is it so hard to have a specific (reasonable) time frame to automagically greenlight to? Really?

Is 12:01 AM fair?

In other news, re: SaintDiluted‘s “Ken gets Forked!”: Ladies and gents, the anatomy of a repeat[?]

*I remember, chakalakasp, we’re not supposed to make assumptions — it’s just that this image is so good in so many ways (Barbie’s hair helps) it seems oh so obvious…*

SaintDiluted
    Participant

The hair did come out nice! 😉

CaptainJim
    Participant

I wouldn’t even know where to begin other than beer bribery. How is it that they got folded in, given forums, regulated times, etc and Farktography didn’t?

I’ve wondered that myself. There has been no photoshop contest that I know of that has the number of participants that we do.
    On another note, Who did you get to model for your strawberry picture? She has an awesome nose.

schnee
    Participant

elsinore – i borrowed your ‘forktography’ for the link description –

I saw that and I was wondering if the FSM could handle it. Apparently, it did.

/yea me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

*nod* we have large numbers of participants, and I suspect if they did some kind of analysis, they’d find we bring people into the TF fold at a pretty good rate. Though maybe that’s the underlying thought? Frustrate enough of us with the crappy greenlight times, and we’ll continue to go TF?

As for the model, well, huzzah for self-timer! My nose definitely benefitted from the extreme crop–it’s nothing special in its entirety–but thanks 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

wow, schnee, simulpost!

schnee
    Participant

Anyway, this is the first time I can recall where all three of my entries were taken with the Canon 50mm prime I have. It’s nothing to sneeze at, as it’s the $80 f/1.8 version, but nevertheless…

I hear that’s a great lens. I keep meaning to pick one of those up.

staplermofo
    Participant

This thread should be the official response to “Why did ____ end up with 10 votes when that crappy _____ got eleventy billion?” questions.

I think it’s the first time this many people have explained why they voted the way they did.

schnee
    Participant

I suspect if they did some kind of analysis, they’d find we bring people into the TF fold at a pretty good rate.

“analysis”, wait, what? Did someone say analysis?

and point to me as someone who came into TF because of Farktography.

staplermofo
    Participant

Anyway, this is the first time I can recall where all three of my entries were taken with the Canon 50mm prime I have. It’s nothing to sneeze at, as it’s the $80 f/1.8 version, but nevertheless…

I hear that’s a great lens. I keep meaning to pick one of those up.

Less meaning, more picking uping. They’re $70 now.

schnee
    Participant

Is it so hard to have a specific (reasonable) time frame to automagically greenlight to? Really?

Is 12:01 AM fair?

In other news, re: SaintDiluted‘s “Ken gets Forked!”: Ladies and gents, the anatomy of a repeat[?]

*I remember, chakalakasp, we’re not supposed to make assumptions — it’s just that this image is so good in so many ways (Barbie’s hair helps) it seems oh so obvious…*

Hard to tell if this is tongue-in-cheek or not – my sarcasm detector is on the fritz. It is the use of “anatomy” that makes me think there’s a funny in there.

I don’t think it is a repeat. SaintDiluted‘s portfolio doesn’t have it twice, and there’s no missing thumbnails. That said, the Scarlet R ain’t up so I don’t know if the URL was reused.

monkeybort
    Participant

mikemikeb – it’s not deciding on a time to greenlight that’s troubling us, it’s having the fark mods and drew implement it.

schnee – count me as well for someone who got TF b/c of farktography. and sorry about the ‘forktography’ – i didn’t even think of the FSM.

i feel shame.

schnee
    Participant

schnee – count me as well for someone who got TF b/c of farktography. and sorry about the ‘forktography’ – i didn’t even think of the FSM.

i feel shame.

1) No shame – it was a good test case. The less someone thinks about the FSM, the better I’ve done my “job”. It should just work.

B) I think a later greenlight time provides more pressure for someone to go TF. Certainly not a deciding factor but over time I got tired of the late greenlights and decided to spend the $. I have no idea if Fark, Inc. thinks about it that much, but there it is.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Count me as another who went TF for Farktography. And Lord Ezekiel. And SaintDiluted, at least for a month 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • The topic ‘10-25-06 – Forks’ is closed to new replies.