10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

Is it OK to post photos from the catacombs in Paris? Actual bones are involved…

Falls into “evidence of final rest” so I’d say it’s good to go.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think what she’s really getting at is whether or not that’s ok for Fark given the usual prohibition against dead things. In this case, yes, skeletons/bones are ok; there’s no blood or gore involved. We’ve actually had at least one other Farktographer (monkeybort) post catacombs photos. Think hers were from Hungary.

bandy
    Participant

I have a funny feeling that my series on dead insects (squished, poisoned, and/or trapped & starved) would be a Bozo No-No.
    😈

Uranus
    Participant

I bumped the contrast slightly on one of my possible submissions – It was a little too light.
    Could I get a ruling/opinion/ full frontal snark attack as to whether this is acceptable or not?
    I’d hate to enter it and see it get pulled later….

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Uranus, I certainly see no problem with that at all, especially if it was across the whole image. It’s been mentioned before that even spot contrast adjustments are usually OK as they’re the equivalent of dodging and burning.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Early B’s and bad jokes

Striker…Striker…STRIKER!

Poor Frodo…never made it out of Bree

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I bumped the contrast slightly on one of my possible submissions – It was a little too light.
    Could I get a ruling/opinion/ full frontal snark attack as to whether this is acceptable or not?
    I’d hate to enter it and see it get pulled later….

Contrast adjustments are always acceptable as long as the results aren’t cartoonish or otherwise leave the realm of reality. Same goes for saturation, curves, levels, etc.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Early B’s and bad jokes

Here is an old one from my files

Morningbreath
    Participant

duplicate post deleted

aspidites
    Participant

I guess spelling wasn’t a prerequisite back in 1892

ravnostic
    Participant

I guess spelling wasn’t a prerequisite back in 1892

Guess knot. (took me a minute to spot it). 😆

QueenMab
    Participant

I think what she’s really getting at is whether or not that’s ok for Fark given the usual prohibition against dead things. In this case, yes, skeletons/bones are ok; there’s no blood or gore involved. We’ve actually had at least one other Farktographer (monkeybort) post catacombs photos. Think hers were from Hungary.

That is exactly what I was getting at. Thanks!

geom_00
    Participant

What are the rules regarding multiple shots of the same subject. I know a few of us live close to DC, and therefore Arlington National Cemetery..

Thanks!

Kestrana
    Participant

There are no rules, it’s perfectly fine to have the same subject with different compositions even in your own entries. For example, last week we had at least 2 different people post the Epcot Center ball from Disney World.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Judging by the Flickr previews I can see, it looks like the competition will be stiff this week.

/I’m here all week, try the veal.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead’ is closed to new replies.