10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

I think I took the pity vote (if no one knew who was in that box it wouldn’t have been so memorable and UMan technically has the lead.

No, you took the “guts” vote. <3 🙂

olavf
    Participant

Whut kat said, gambitsgirl. You took an emotionally and spiritually difficult photograph, put it in a context, and did it exceptionally well. I think others have said above me that the story often makes the photo, but it’s also a very well photo on top of that. My proverbial hat is off to you lady.

Yugoboy
    Participant

gambitsgirl… it helps that it’s a good strong, beautiful photo. Had it been a crap photo of an emotional story, then you could worry about the pity vote. You also might not get quite the effusive praise people have been lavishing on it.

Your photo didn’t have the benefit of text, the way some (mine) did. Your context only made a strong image stronger, instead of shoring up a weak one.

Time to move on to state fairs and stern-looking chickens!

gambitsgirl
    Participant

I would quote each of you to thank you but I haven’t got the hang of this board yet so I don’t know if there is a multi-quote yet. But thank you. It helps to think there was some merit to the shot over just “vote for me my husband is dead”. That said – here is my fair photo…

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6222/6288655419_64d9719c94_z.jpg

gambitsgirl
    Participant

(i am going to hell – I know. but to let you know I JUST NOW ran and grabbed that and it’s rainy and cold has hell and I was barefoot so there’s that and I was scared to death I was actually going to ruin the cardboard box for a little funny)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

OK, now that was funny!

// What region of NC are you in? I spent 5 years in Wilmington and 11 years in Raleigh. I really liked Raleigh and would still be there if I could’ve convinced all of my and my wife’s families to move out there instead of vice versa.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

OK, now that was funny!

// What region of NC are you in? I spent 5 years in Wilmington and 11 years in Raleigh. I really liked Raleigh and would still be there if I could’ve convinced all of my and my wife’s families to move out there instead of vice versa.

😀 😆

I’m outside Charlotte at Lake Norman. I LOVE NC but I’m biased since I’m from here. As I was doing the graveyard shoot my best friend said there was NO WAY I could out shoot the history and charm of New Orleans or Charleston but NC has some pretty places if you know where to look. Between Charlotte and Raleigh are perfect since you are halfway between Blue Ridge (where I will move when the kids GTFO out my house) and the coast.

(now I have to go get some film so I can shoot the ashes doing something fun for the contest in 2 weeks. I think I’ve started my own little private meme).

bandy
    Participant

Could a mod please enable voting on http://www.fark.com/comments/6679585/72667913#c72667913 for me? Fat fingers.

(And sorry about the dupes)

No worries, got that one envotinated.

Thank you very nice! :mrgreen:

aspidites
    Participant

(i am going to hell – I know. but to let you know I JUST NOW ran and grabbed that and it’s rainy and cold has hell and I was barefoot so there’s that and I was scared to death I was actually going to ruin the cardboard box for a little funny)

It’s ok I have been told there is beer in hell. I’m still laughing (I’m sorry) but when you said earlier that you still had his remains in a cardboard box. the fisrt thing that came to me was “I hope she doesn’t take him out in the rain”.

sleeping
    Participant

It’s ok I have been told there is beer in hell.

That’s the good news. The bad news is that it’s room-temperature Coors Light….

Yugoboy
    Participant

[donotwant.jpg]

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol nice

Elsinore
    Keymaster

F*ck……….If I’d known that before now, maybe I would have tried harder to be good.

/good at it, instead.

Kestrana
    Participant

By accident orionid and I discovered adding sugar to Coors Light makes it taste better.

/room temperature in hell is probably still cold

gambitsgirl
    Participant

He was delivered in 3 boxes. One set went off Grandfather Mountain – funny story, they blew back on my daughter and her mouth was open. One I poured into the ocean at Panama City Beach (yes – where rednecks go for eternity). And one is in the china cabinet – cause… well… that’s where it lives I guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead’ is closed to new replies.