10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

There’s a reference to The Big Lebowski in here….

zincprincess
    Participant

(now I have to go get some film so I can shoot the ashes doing something fun for the contest in 2 weeks. I think I’ve started my own little private meme).

Your snarky way of dealing with your pain reminds me of a friend. She started her own blog tribute to her brother by taking his ashes on a series of adventures.

http://deadbrother.blogspot.com/

U-Man
    Participant

Can haz moar themes pleez?

Kestrana, is there a way to know what themes are coming up by looking at the Hopper?

http://farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1237

Yoyo
    Participant
    Kestrana wrote:

Oh whoops! Well congratulations to you, but yes I was actually replying to Yoyo. That’s what I get for posting from my phone, at work.

I’m not really complaining that the voting doesn’t go the way I expect it too, just that even when I try to estimate my own results based upon past contests, I still fail. I guess I am just different than the rest of the farktographers out there, and that’s ok.

I have my own reasons for taking the photos I take and their style. I understand the rule of thirds, but I prefer the rule of halfs so when I go back to a photo, I am reminded that what I wanted to record and remember in smack dab in the middle of the image.

My last job involved me submitting a weekly photo progress report of the projects I led. I would visit the work sites almost every day and snap some pics. Then Wednesday would roll around, and I would down load my images and ask myself, “WTF was I trying to capture in this shot?” Some weeks I would sit down and in my office only to realize that I’ve got nothing to illustrate what I wanted to highlight. Argh!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Kestrana, is there a way to know what themes are coming up by looking at the Hopper?

Oh uh, yeah sorry, that’s my fault. 😳 Meant to get them up earlier this week. Anything in the Hopper will be scheduled, so feel free to shoot for anything in there. I’ll get some more themes up by this evening.

U-Man
    Participant

Oh uh, yeah sorry, that’s my fault. 😳 Meant to get them up earlier this week. Anything in the Hopper will be scheduled, so feel free to shoot for anything in there. I’ll get some more themes up by this evening.

No prob. Thanks for the next two weeks. I have a call week coming up and time gets short and I’m frequently cranky and uninspired so I wanted to get a head start.

U-Man
    Participant

BTW, this is my front yard. Mrs. U-Man and I made these YEARS ago and just broke ’em out again. Add fog machine and a green flood light for extra spooky effects.

/I know. Hugh Jass is the pinnacle of humor. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No prob. Thanks for the next two weeks. I have a call week coming up and time gets short and I’m frequently cranky and uninspired so I wanted to get a head start.

I actually wanted to get more than that up, but we were heading out the door for a cub scout thing. I figured I’d get more after that wrapped up around dinner time, but it turned into a late night epic game of Risk by the camp fire. I’ll get some more scheduled today.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to gambitsgirl this week!

gambitsgirl
    Participant

Thank you :D. I’ve totally wandered off into the land of the Triptych Portraits O_O dear lord so much to learn. Thank you all for being here to play with while I learn. 😀

aspidites
    Participant

Congrats on your win gambitsgirl!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to gambitsgirl for the individual first and to U-Man for the combined first. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead’ is closed to new replies.