10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Graves, Gravestones, Headstones, Mausoleums, Crypts and other places and evidence of final rest.

This theme suggestion brought to you by Yugoboy!

zincprincess
    Participant

Are gates or entrances to a graveyard fair game assuming you can tell that it is a graveyard.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Don’t see why not. It would fall into “other places and evidence of final rest”, so as long as it was obviously a cemetery, I’d think it would be fair game.

Uranus
    Participant

3 graveyards, 2 days, 316 shots, 36 possibles, 10 selected – impossible choice. I wouldn’t say that I fancy my chnces for a change, but I really can’t wait for this one…

Yugoboy
    Participant

3 graveyards, 2 days, 316 shots, 36 possibles, 10 selected – impossible choice. I wouldn’t say that I fancy my chnces for a change, but I really can’t wait for this one…

Yeah. When I proposed this one, I didn’t take into account the number of people interred in churches in Europe. It’s going to take significant effort to narrow down.

Maybe I need a couple alts… 😈

ennuipoet
    Participant

http://www.green-wood.com/2011/dancing-through-the-light/

This is happening 4 days before it goes live, the idea of literally dancing on people’s graves makes me happy. I’ve shot a lot of stuff at Green Wood

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ennuipoet/sets/72157625129875434/with/5066692174/

it’s an amazing place and by the 22nd the trees should be in full Fall colors. I am almost a quiver!

Curious
    Participant

http://www.green-wood.com/2011/dancing-through-the-light/

This is happening 4 days before it goes live, the idea of literally dancing on people’s graves makes me happy. I’ve shot a lot of stuff at Green Wood

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ennuipoet/sets/72157625129875434/with/5066692174/

it’s an amazing place and by the 22nd the trees should be in full Fall colors. I am almost a quiver!

that does indeed look like a good time.

combine it with some halloween decorations and the occasional zombie and it would be perfect.

ravnostic
    Participant

I just realized I’ll be working early Wednesday. May I ask for an OBO?

Not that I have my pictures picked out yet–this is a tough theme for me, but when I do… 😆

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I can OBO

Farktographer
    Participant

Because of the fact that the people buried can’t give permission to have their photographs taken, I must outright condemn this theme as a whole. Shame upon all who participate in such atrociti–aw, whatever. I’ve got nothing this week, and the only graveyard nearby is the size of a driveway. Looks like I’ll be out another week.

Kestrana
    Participant

Check out the churches you just photographed. Many English churches have people buried in the floor and walls…

U-Man
    Participant

Because of the fact that the people buried can’t give permission to have their photographs taken, I must outright condemn this theme as a whole. Shame upon all who participate in such atrociti–aw, whatever. I’ve got nothing this week, and the only graveyard nearby is the size of a driveway. Looks like I’ll be out another week.

I just got back from a small farmland cemetery. 20ish headstones. Is there anything cool in the small one by you?

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks Kes; I’ll get you the link sometime today (or tonight, if I shoot something better).

Farktographer
    Participant

I just got back from a small farmland cemetery. 20ish headstones. Is there anything cool in the small one by you?

Unfortunately, no – they’re pretty plain. I’ve checked it out, looked around to see if I can set up some sunset/sunrise/starlight photos, anything really. Nada. Not a very photographic location. Might look into posting some church photos, but not sure if that’d fly as well with the voters.

QueenMab
    Participant

Is it OK to post photos from the catacombs in Paris? Actual bones are involved…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘10-26-11 – Graves 3: Return of the Land of the Dead’ is closed to new replies.