11-05-08 – On the Farm

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-05-08 – On the Farm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

Not much feeling this contest.

corsec67
    Participant

Especially now.

Most of my entries are going to be “dead farm field”

U-Man
    Participant

Considering the past two weeks, folks seem to like your sense of funny. I know I appreciate it.

Fisher-Price farm stuff + fire = photo. Hmmm. Doesn’t sound funny though.

I might try a Fisher-Price farmer + Fisher-Price sheep = funny photo.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Burn some plastic cows?

soosh
    Participant

Yeah, but three weeks of funny in a row is something I’m not particularly feeling, either. Not a lot of available farmland around here. I’ll think of something.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah, but three weeks of funny in a row is something I’m not particularly feeling, either. Not a lot of available farmland around here. I’ll think of something.

I hear you. But we all know that you are quite capable of taking ‘real’ photos.

U-Man
    Participant

Hey. It just hit me. No Halloween III this year?

/don’t have strong feelings one way or another.

millera9
    Participant

soosh are there any hatcheries or “fish farms” near Juneau?

orionid
    Participant

I just spent a month on a farm and couldn’t really find any worthwhile shots….. I took animals and tractors off the list to begin with, figuring they would get played out….. That left an old ford dump truck, and a bunch of macros of equipment and fencing….. 🙁

I tried to get my dad to fire up the sawmill, but he didn’t want to play in the cold. Oh, well.

should be interesting… maybe I should have went with the cows and old tractors.

nobigdeal
    Participant

We talked about it in a thread a few weeks ago but nobody seemed interested.

I am looking forward to this one. I am going to use my favorite shot I have ever taken in this theme!

U-Man
    Participant

I am looking forward to this one. I am going to use my favorite shot I have ever taken in this theme!

The lack of interest is OK w/ me.

As for your second comment – CAUTION! Don’t be too married to your photo. You know how goofy Farkers can vote. 🙂

nobigdeal
    Participant

The lack of interest is OK w/ me.

As for your second comment – CAUTION! Don’t be too married to your photo. You know how goofy Farkers can vote. 🙂

I’m not worried about votes. The shots I like best never do well anyway.

I am just happy to have a place to show it off 😉

U-Man
    Participant
    NoBigDeal wrote:

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Peoria-Pano.jpg

A friend of mine does some work for the city of Peoria and asked if she could use this pic for a banner at a trade show. I’d get my name on it and that’s cool. No cash – but that’s OK. I just do this stuff for fun.

I did this pano before I learned about the auto-white balance on my Canon. I don’t think it jumps off of the pic, but my eye is immediately drawn to the color shifts in the sky. I smudged them in PS with some success but they’re still there. It bugs me. And if a bunch of people are going to see it (with my name on it) I’d like to make it perfect. How hard is it to color match them and then re-stitch into a pano? What is the easiest way to do it? Uuuuuh, I’m red-green color deficient. I may need to get my wife’s help.

soosh
    Participant

soosh are there any hatcheries or “fish farms” near Juneau?

There’s a hatchery, that’s an idea. The cool photos from it are in the summer, though, when the pens are full of wild fish returning from the sea. No fish farms, though, as they are outlawed in Alaska.

soosh
    Participant
    U-Man wrote:

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Peoria-Pano.jpg

A friend of mine does some work for the city of Peoria and asked if she could use this pic for a banner at a trade show. I’d get my name on it and that’s cool. No cash – but that’s OK. I just do this stuff for fun.

I did this pano before I learned about the auto-white balance on my Canon. I don’t think it jumps off of the pic, but my eye is immediately drawn to the color shifts in the sky. I smudged them in PS with some success but they’re still there. It bugs me. And if a bunch of people are going to see it (with my name on it) I’d like to make it perfect. How hard is it to color match them and then re-stitch into a pano? What is the easiest way to do it? Uuuuuh, I’m red-green color deficient. I may need to get my wife’s help.

Did you shoot in RAW?

Use MS Paint or something and circle where you see the worst shifts. I think you’ll probably have to try to isolate the sky and use either the channel mixer to adjust the color or maybe use an adjustment layer to add some color where you think it’s deficient. I honestly don’t think it needs adjusting. I see one spot where you could maybe use the healing brush to cover up what looks like a light seam right over the furthest two bridge trestles.

And if you’re not getting paid, I would specify that they only use it for the one time use. Otherwise they may think they have the rights to it for whenever they want.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘11-05-08 – On the Farm’ is closed to new replies.