11-1-06-Hallowe’en, part deux

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-1-06-Hallowe’en, part deux

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Diggin
    Participant

Thanks everybody. I don’t know what an “elite farktographer” is but it sounds cool.

So what did I win?

/kidding

Klahanie
    Participant

Thanks everybody. I don’t know what an “elite farktographer” is but it sounds cool.

So what did I win?

/kidding

I don’t know what an “elite farktographer” is either and I’ve been here forever. As far as I’m concerned, we are just a bunch of farkers sharing photos and having a lil’ fun. 😉

You win the respect of your fellow farktographers! Yay! 😀

Klahanie
    Participant

…and yay for Monkeybort and everybody else too! Good show.

mikemikeb
    Participant

So what did I win?

/kidding

I don’t know what an “elite farktographer” is either and I’ve been here forever. As far as I’m concerned, we are just a bunch of farkers sharing photos and having a lil’ fun. 😉

It’s someting I’ve made up to denote the best Farktographers over a period of time.

An Elite Farktographer either:

1. Has more than one Farktography victory
    2. Has more than ten top 20 finishes
    3. Has more than five top 10 finishes

This means that people like staplermofo, GalleyWench, Elsinore, veruca, and even Encyclopedia Galactica are among the Farktographer elite.

Maybe I’ll end up there someday, but for now…

Anyway, for a preview of next week, here’s something to whet your Autumn appetite, mikemikeb style (in 2.35:1 aspect ratio). I probably won’t enter this, but still:

Diggin
    Participant

Well, then maybe I’ll get to be one of the elite Farktographers! I’ll just keep trying and see what happens. I will say that some of the pictures I’ve seen from most of you belong in magazines.

Here’s mine.. (Not an entry)

“Clicky pic” goes large (1024×686)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I second that. I certainly don’t feel “elite”. “Elite” sounds divisive where we certainly don’t need division. I mean, I like getting votes, but it’s hardly the only reason I show up every week.

If you win, I like to say you get fortune and glory. But without the fortune. And not much glory 😉

So yeah, respect and admiration from your fellow Farktographers 😉

btw…

P.S. I only care to know because your “Haunted Graveyard” 2006-11-01 08:01:09 PM sure seems photoshopped to me. I can understand how the one by the stairs was done.

I trust my tutorial satisfied you that my smoke ghost wasn’t Photoshopped (or Gimped in my case 😉 )?

mikemikeb
    Participant

I second that. I certainly don’t feel “elite”. “Elite” sounds divisive where we certainly don’t need division. I mean, I like getting votes, but it’s hardly the only reason I show up every week.

I’ll third that. I thought it sounded cool as there was talk on TF of “elite TFers” and “elite “TFettes” and thought it sounded cool here.

If you win, I like to say you get fortune and glory. But without the fortune. And not much glory 😉

So yeah, respect and admiration from your fellow Farktographers 😉

Add to that how I’ve realized how I should change the standards a tad, then it equals a bad idea, I suppose. Maybe I’ll post the new standards in the Pub and Grill, maybe not.

I trust my tutorial satisfied you that my smoke ghost wasn’t Photoshopped (or Gimped in my case 😉 )?

Yes, it did.

schnee
    Participant

So what did I win?

/kidding

I think I may have been the instigator for the “Elite” moniker. Here’s the most recent log entry from the FSM:

Active = 115 Total = 74 Elite = 35 Ultra = 14

if you search this forum, you’ll probably find an earlier post somewhere that discusses the levels in a bit more details, but….

In putting together the FSM, I needed a way to measure participation and I came up with “Active”. Taking a key from Fark, I figured there are also “Total” and “Ultra”. I needed something inbetween them and came up with “Elite”.

The measures really have nothing to do with how many topX finishes one gets; they measure participation. You are “active” if you have 10 or more vote-getting entries and the number of entries you have exceeds the 1/2 number of contests you could have possibly entered since you first joined farktography (or something like that). The other levels ratchet up a bit. The only place they are visible on the FSM is in the “Greatest Averages” reports (band-shading corresponds to level) but they may make it to the Portfolio meta-data section some day. Diggin will get there very soon if current trends continue.

Should someone desire to create a different definition of “Elite” and publish a ranking, I certainly won’t stand in their way.

zeke
    Participant

That definition is as good as any, schnee. Roll with it 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • The topic ‘11-1-06-Hallowe’en, part deux’ is closed to new replies.