11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Use some sort of filter to distort or alter your image. Explain your method of filtering in your post. Note: Must use physical filters, lenses, common household materials, etc. No in-camera digital filters or post-processing filters in Photoshop, GIMP, etc.

Remembering pangolyn with this theme suggestion…

cameraflage
    Participant

In-camera multiple exposures are fair game?

corsec67
    Participant

So, my IR camera, where I put the IR filter in the camera would be fair-game for this theme?

This theme is going for something more than a standard camera body + 1 lens, right?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

cameraflage: In-camera multiple exposures are always fair game, though I’m not sure how that would apply specifically to this theme. There is at least one camera out there now that can do in-camera HDR; I would consider that beyond the scope of normal Farktography rules.

corsec67: If there’s something filtering the light reaching your camera’s sensor or film (and yes, beyond the camera lens itself), then yes, it should be fair game.

cameraflage
    Participant

cameraflage: In-camera multiple exposures are always fair game, though I’m not sure how that would apply specifically to this theme.

Three words: Primary Additive Colors.

Being the secretive little paranoid that I am, I won’t tip my hand until 8:00 pm Wednesday.

If you’ll excuse me now…I thought I saw something move outside the razor wire. I’ll be in my bunker.

U-Man
    Participant

I had one idea and one night. Three similiar pics and I don’t know if I’ll submit all three. I definitely went with the ‘distort’ part of the description.

orionid
    Participant

Oh, crap…. this is tonight…. Off to Home Depot.

SoCalChris
    Participant

Remembering pangolyn with this theme suggestion…

Speaking of pangolyn, the link to her memorial page on the main farktography page is broken. It’s throwing a 404 error.
    http://www.farktography.net/pangolyn/

QueenBee
    Participant

I’m excited to see what this contests brings. I own no filters so all mine were homemade. I really like some of the results I got 🙂

orionid
    Participant

Will I get ban-hammered or have my post deleted for using the phrase “bar-slut?”

nobigdeal
    Participant

Will I get ban-hammered or have my post deleted for using the phrase “bar-slut?”

*giggle*

I don’t think so. I’ve seen worse on Fark.

bar-slut

I know a few…

QueenBee
    Participant

so long as it isn’t a picture of me… 😉

/furthest thing from a bar slut
    //well….most of the time
    ///brewery slut might work better 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Not at all.

orionid
    Participant

Sweet. Thanks.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection’ is closed to new replies.