11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

I’m excited to see what this contests brings. I own no filters so all mine were homemade. I really like some of the results I got 🙂

So were mine. Well, perhaps “home improvised” would be better, since I didn’t actually manufacture the pill bottle I used in the pill-vision picture, for instance. 😛 I think that kind of silly filter is much more fun than something more traditional for this kind of contest.

mopsy
    Participant

It was both fun and frustrating finding “stuff” to use for filters. After viewing the thread, I really want to get some of those fabulous authentic, store bought filters. They give depth, softness, drama, I could go on and on. Definitely plan on buying some!

lokisbong
    Participant

Dammit I totally forgot about this one and then I just realized it Wednesday.I have a single picture for this week and i don’t think it will do very good but I’m posting it anyways.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Yea I had some ideas I wanted to shoot, but I’ve been so busy with the band stuff I never got to it.
    Luckily I am always sticking shit in front of my lens and shooting so I had stuff in archive.

soosh
    Participant

if fark outlaws bar-sluts, I’m done.

U-Man
    Participant
    soosh
    Participant

don’t be modest. you look kinda like a dwarf in all your shots.

nobigdeal
    Participant

don’t be modest. you look kinda like a dwarf in all your shots.

HAHAHA!! I didn’t want to be the one who said it!

U-Man
    Participant

🙂 Fuck off to the both of you. 🙂

/obviously, typed while smiling

orionid
    Participant

hahaha!

Curious
    Participant

i forgot to bring home what i needed for one idea, my polarizing filter is for the 4×5 and would have been lame to boot and i forgot (until just now) that i have some 85 and 85a filters that might have fit my current lenses.

but there’s next week and it sounds fun.

cameraflage
    Participant

Uhhh…my third image seems to have dropped off into the Pit of Eternal Peril. Something or other about “image deleted; broken image”. Is there some kind of form I need to fill out or something?

Here it is, if this helps…http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/cameraflage/Internet%20use/chagrinfallstrannyscanVLR.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, I’m so sorry–I thought I’d checked this thread here last night, but reposting was fine. I’m guessing your hosting must have just hiccuped at some point, cause your image is only 140k. Neat photos, btw. Do you know about the Russian guy in the early 1900s who made color photos with the additive process? They’re seriously breathtaking.

cameraflage
    Participant

Wow, I’m so sorry–I thought I’d checked this thread here last night, but reposting was fine. I’m guessing your hosting must have just hiccuped at some point, cause your image is only 140k. Neat photos, btw.

Thank you! I was hoping to use these images at some point in time and this was the perfect theme.

The image initially came up but when I checked later I saw that it said “deleted” and I wondered if I had broken some unspoken protocol. I figured I’d repost it and let you guys clean up the mess.

Do you know about the Russian guy in the early 1900s who made color photos with the additive process? They’re seriously breathtaking.

Sergei Prokudin-Gorsky. I remember reading about him back in the Dark Ages of College when I took a history of photography course. Shot in black and white and used filters to make the proper color balance. It’s almost kinda like Kodachrome works.

Farktography is funny…the image that I thought was the weakest of the three I posted is in the lead, but the one that I thought was the best is languishing back in the middle.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, all kinds of stuff I’ve thought would do well has tanked, while stuff that was decidedly meh has done ok. You just never know.

FWIW, your images would be perfectly in keeping with Farktography rules in any contest (unless specifically prohibited in the theme) because they’re multiple exposures done in-camera. The fact that you filtered differently for each exposure doesn’t matter; they’re physical filters, not digital processing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection’ is closed to new replies.