11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

I had a dream this morning that I’d accidentally posted two pictures in one of my posts so the mods had removed voting enabled. Not only that, but at least one of the pictures wasn’t remotely related to the theme, possibly both of them. In the dream I discovered this problem this morning when it was too late to fix. I was bummed. =P

Kestrana
    Participant

I dreamed it was suddenly Wednesday and almost time to post for the contest, but because of the poor quality of the last two weeks of my life, I had neglected to acquire the requisite components for the homemade IR filter I had been planning to make and instead grabbed up the only logical thing I could find to use as a filter, took 10 pictures and only one of them looked even remotely intelligible.

Oh wait…that wasn’t a dream… ><
    /is Christmas over yet?

justkat
    Participant

Awwwww….

For me it’s “Have I finished writing this book yet?” It’s hard to concentrate on other fields of creative endeavor at the moment. I keep waiting until almost the last minute to throw something together =

Kestrana
    Participant

Ugh I don’t even want to think about my Nano novel. I’m stuck around 27,000 words and I know where I want to go but I don’t know how to get there yet.

corsec67
    Participant

My images are “(deleted: Broken image)”.

My one archive shot was doing much better than the 2 pictures I actually took for this theme…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em, corsec

justkat
    Participant

kestrana – well that’s hardly bad! just push through it. I’m a few words away from 38k and things are going fairly smoothly even if it does feel like i’m pushing a baby out through my brain every day. =P

Kestrana
    Participant

Well I wrote about 2000 words today. But I lose next Fri/Sat/Sun to work because I’m a retail support supervisor so yeah I doubt I’ll have time for much other than work, eat, shower, sleep so I have to really make the push to finish by Wednesday. Gratz to you, you’re in the home stretch!

When I have written before I do a lot of going back and rereading to keep myself on track and consistent but I have resisted that urge and not reread anything I have written yet for this project. I am prepared to be amused when I read it through at the end and see how far I’ve veered or how inconsistent I’ve been with some of the details hehe.

justkat
    Participant

well thanks… the thing is… i may be only 12K away from the goal for NaNo, but more important to me at this point is finishing the story, and that’s going to take more than 12K words. =P Good luck, though. And yeah, I’m sure there will be some funny inconsistencies. =D I haven’t been behaving myself all that well on that front. I actually even sat down one night and started reading all the way from the beginning. I didn’t finish that night, had to pick it up in the morning. It doesn’t totally suck. =P

/this reminds me of the weekly hijacking of the nano group to talk about farktography…. =P

U-Man
    Participant

I thought a nano was a really tiny unit of measurement.

/or maybe an mp3 player.
    //cringes at the thought of writing 1000’s of words in addition to the rest on my plate.

advisorgee
    Participant

I had no idea what to try for this contest; filters aren’t something I’ve really played with yet. I tried taking a few shots through different coloured balloons; but nothing worked well.

After looking through this thread and seeing all the great shots and neat ideas; I am going to have to try some of these things.

Thanks for all the inspiration

FutherMucker
    Participant

Looks like one of mine also got the “(deleted: Broken image)” boot, as well.

I wonder how that happens.

corsec67
    Participant

I wonder how that happens.

The Fark Gnomes.

If the Fark server can’t load the image, it gets hidden, as happened to me earlier in this theme(Working now). Elsinore will fix it, as she did for me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well that was weird, FutherMucker–it kept showing up for me not deleted. But I looked back a minute ago and it was deleted, so it’s recovered now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Ranger Joe this week!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘11-18-09 – Filtered For Your Protection’ is closed to new replies.