11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us your screwups! The photo with the pole growing out of the subject’s head, the wrong film settings, your finger in front of the lens. Difficulty: No photos of lens caps.

Theme suggestion courtesy of SilverStag.

linguine
    Participant

Alright, I’ll actually be able to use my first farkamera shot.

SilverStag
    Participant

I think we shoud add a difficulty Entry must include a reason for why it’s a screwup- those could be entertaining as well.

soosh
    Participant

agree with the difficulty requirement.

staplermofo
    Participant

So, uh… are we going to ask the uh, voting public to try to judge these from, uh… an appropriately reconsidered perspective?
    (I’ve been waiting to use that one)

justkat
    Participant

So, uh… are we going to ask the uh, voting public to try to judge these from, uh… an appropriately reconsidered perspective?
    (I’ve been waiting to use that one)

*giggle*

orionid
    Participant

I’m looking for the ratio of Spectacular shot to spectactular fail. Like one of my landscapes of the Pennsylvania countryside in the fall…. with a 65 mph telephone pole right in front of the farm/barn area.

justkat
    Participant

for the most part i destroy the bad ones before they even get to my computer, so i don’t know what i’m going to do with this contest. Too bad for my ex that he doesn’t participate. Here’s a classic representative of his work:

corsec67
    Participant

Does “less than perfectly reliable” equipment messing things up also count?
    (Specifically, my flash wireless triggers sometimes fire too late, getting the “shutter speed too high for flash” look)

linguine
    Participant

I think that would count. Although I’m still trying to figure out whether we’re supposed to be going for the coolest looking screw ups or our biggest screwups.

SilverStag
    Participant

I think that would count. Although I’m still trying to figure out whether we’re supposed to be going for the coolest looking screw ups or our biggest screwups.

I don’t really think it matters. I can go both ways on that score.

soosh
    Participant

I managed to get a good one for this contest Saturday night after my radio show. I set the camera up in the backyard to get a 30-minute exposure of the stars spinning above the forest. Stayed up extra late to make sure it all went well. Only I forgot to turn the ISO down from the framing shot at 3200. So I got what looks all the world like a daylight scene with the sky completely blown out white.

orionid
    Participant

I managed to get a good one for this contest Saturday night after my radio show. I set the camera up in the backyard to get a 30-minute exposure of the stars spinning above the forest. Stayed up extra late to make sure it all went well. Only I forgot to turn the ISO down from the framing shot at 3200. So I got what looks all the world like a daylight scene with the sky completely blown out white.

30 Minutes at ISO 3200? That, my friend, is awesome.

soosh
    Participant

crazily, there’s really not a lot of noise in the image.

wrayvynn
    Participant

so…im wondering how this will go…the worst of the best or the best of the worst. I have no Idea what I’m gonna post. Will it count if i intentionally screw up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer’ is closed to new replies.