11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

The background stories are a huge part of the appeal for many of the images this week. I just snorted out loud reading the 2008-11-19 09:08:07 PM entry from lady_nocturne. There’s lots of others where the explanation adds to the image too, that’s just the latest example. I’m really enjoying reviewing the queue as it builds.

I’ll pass your comments along if you like – I’m sure she’d appreciate it 😉
    /she just kat and I have been running around Sacramento like crazy people with cameras lately.

olavf
    Participant

Too early to say that this is an insta-classic?

These entries are very cool.

It’s definitely got potential for the sheer fun of it. I had a good time looking through my archives for pics (kat and I laughed for a good minute at my squirrelbutt :P)

justkat
    Participant

I dunno… I think it’s embarrassing at best that two of my pictures for this contest are at the moment my 2nd and 3rd best placing pictures yet. 😛 I thought I was going to tank this week. I am very pleased with my pictures for next week and now I have this feeling I’m not going to do nearly as well lol.

orionid
    Participant

I dunno… I think it’s embarrassing at best that two of my pictures for this contest are at the moment my 2nd and 3rd best placing pictures yet. 😛 I thought I was going to tank this week. I am very pleased with my pictures for next week and now I have this feeling I’m not going to do nearly as well lol.

I feel you there…. Though I’m watching my crappy pictures crap out. Can we do panoramics and farm threads again? I did well in those 😉

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The background stories are a huge part of the appeal for many of the images this week. I just snorted out loud reading the 2008-11-19 09:08:07 PM entry from lady_nocturne. There’s lots of others where the explanation adds to the image too, that’s just the latest example. I’m really enjoying reviewing the queue as it builds.

I’ll pass your comments along if you like – I’m sure she’d appreciate it 😉
    /she just kat and I have been running around Sacramento like crazy people with cameras lately.

Please do let her know her story made my day, it really brought an otherwise confusing picture into focus (yes I pun’d, sorry!).

And having recently driven from SF to LA via highway 99 I know how flat, empty and HUGE the central valley is. So I appreciate the idea behind just kat‘s dirty windshield photo too.

justkat
    Participant

I feel you there…. Though I’m watching my crappy pictures crap out. Can we do panoramics and farm threads again? I did well in those 😉

🙂 Somewhat to my relief, my pictures for this week dropped in my personal standings. 😛 So I still have a chance of performing better next week. 😉

justkat
    Participant

And having recently driven from SF to LA via highway 99 I know how flat, empty and HUGE the central valley is. So I appreciate the idea behind just kat‘s dirty windshield photo too.

😀 heehee yup. That was on 5, but it’s all the same out there… which was more or less the impression i was trying to make, but obviously I wasn’t trying hard enough or I would have had the ex stop the car. 😛

/and i would have needed a better camera, but that’s a whole ‘nother story.

olavf
    Participant

FSM lists me as one vote away from my first top ten evar. Not sure if I should be happy or bummed about that :/

I think I’ve got some pretty good stuff for next week tho. we’ll see if I slip back into my normal mediocrity 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Another win for U-Man–congrats 🙂

corsec67
    Participant

Another win for U-Man–congrats 🙂

U-go-man

(Sorry, I just had to. It was right there…)

U-Man
    Participant

Uuuuuh….thanks? 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer’ is closed to new replies.