11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

I was totally uninterested in this contest until a few days ago when, as others have related, I started going through the archive. Then I started to get into it. After seeing the initial entries tonight, I am very pleasantly surprised at how cool many of the entries are.

Also, if corsec67 ever gets sick or anything and needs a stand in photographer, I volunteer.

I wasn’t much into it, either, until I started going through my files. Here’s two that didn’t make it:

those kicked tripod ones were from last fall when I was hobbling around with a post-op knee in a full-leg cast on enough vicodin to bring down most folks. I’m surprised I didn’t fall into the lake, looking back on it now.

nobigdeal
    Participant

2 that I decided not to use.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The background stories are a huge part of the appeal for many of the images this week. I just snorted out loud reading the 2008-11-19 09:08:07 PM entry from lady_nocturne. There’s lots of others where the explanation adds to the image too, that’s just the latest example. I’m really enjoying reviewing the queue as it builds.

sleeping
    Participant

A couple rejects:

Polaroid that I didn’t pull right

butterfly leaving

SilverStag
    Participant

No greenlight yet?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s on its way.

wrayvynn
    Participant

I…really…don’t have anything even remotely interesting…I may sit this one out:( I went through my archives today and all I have are your average run of the mill bad shots.

corsec67
    Participant

U-Man, your 2008-11-19 08:06:13 PM isn’t vote enabled, and … wow, that is incredible. High-key really works well there.

orionid
    Participant

I didn’t have my complete archives to go through since my desktop is still on it’s way from hawaii, but out of the last couple months worth I did have a couple good’ns. Here’s my rejects:

Don’t stand too close to a door frame while using the flash.

Saw the sunset first. Said “Ooooh.” Saw the rainbow second. Said “Aaahhh.” Saw the colors brought out by the sunset and said “Oh, Shiat, I need my camera.”
    Forgot about that whole manual/auto lever thingy after taking star trails the night before.

Manual stereo lens + bad focus + poor arperture/shutter choice + dogspasm = Jack Blurssel Terrier in 3D!
    (View it like a MagicEye. Relax your eyes so that you’re focusing beyond the screen until the two halves come together in the middle)

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man, your 2008-11-19 08:06:13 PM isn’t vote enabled, and … wow, that is incredible. High-key really works well there.

Thanks for the heads-up! It really was an accident/failed experiment, too.

Elsinore, can you please enable voting on that one? If not, I can re-post.

U-Man
    Participant

(View it like a MagicEye. Relax your eyes so that you’re focusing beyond the screen until the two halves come together in the middle)

Looks like he is wearing a big poofy white hat when I do that.

orionid
    Participant

Looks like he is wearing a big poofy white hat when I do that.

Yeah, that, and the stinkeye/ghosted snout to our right/her left.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up! It really was an accident/failed experiment, too.

Elsinore, can you please enable voting on that one? If not, I can re-post.

Got it

U-Man
    Participant

🙂 – thanks

corsec67
    Participant

Too early to say that this is an insta-classic?

These entries are very cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘11-19-08 – The Inept Farktographer’ is closed to new replies.