11-30-11 – Dungeons & Dragons

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-30-11 – Dungeons & Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us photographs of anything related to dungeons, dragons or Dungeons & Dragons. Examples include: dice, renaissance fairs, models, swords and bows, mythical creatures, crystal balls, etc.

Another quality theme by Kestrana–thanks!

Curious
    Participant

ok you have D&D with caps then you have dungeons and (mythical) dragons with out caps. are all fair game?

for instance i have a bow and some arrows. like a step or two above what a kid might have. if i took a picture ……… well right now i have no idea how i’d make an interesting photo of them but if i did ………..

Yoyo
    Participant

I’m waiting to see shots of a komodo dragon in the snow.

ennuipoet
    Participant

ok you have D&D with caps then you have dungeons and (mythical) dragons with out caps. are all fair game?

for instance i have a bow and some arrows. like a step or two above what a kid might have. if i took a picture ……… well right now i have no idea how i’d make an interesting photo of them but if i did ………..

If the bow is not a modern compound bow, I would think it fits.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m sure what you describe would be fine, ]Curious; bows are mentioned in the examples cited.

I’ve been caught unawares–I was wool-gathering–and all of a sudden I realize I have nothing for this. I put out a message on FB and a friend whom I haven’t seen in 18 years got married to a D&D figurine geek, and “per her say-so”, he’s willing to let me borrow some of his collection for a few days so I can get at least something put together.

Knowing this community, I’ll need to bring my A-game. Here’s hoping. 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m waiting to see shots of a komodo dragon in the snow.

I could photoshop this. I have the komodo pictures. I have the snow pictures. Skillz? Well, street-fair to the lower end of middlin’…

Kestrana
    Participant

A bow and arrow would be fine Curious. It doesn’t need to be specifically medieval or specifically magical, but photos evocative of either medieval or fantasy settings is the idea for the theme.

LARPing is also ok as long as it’s medieval fantasy and not say, dragonball Z.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I know nothing about Dungeons and Dragons…this should be fun.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

This is my kind of theme. Do you guys know how many 20-sided die I have? It’s probably unhealthy.

orionid
    Participant

I got nuthin for this. I mean, I got D&D books, and a character sheet, and the b-sides from thar be dragons, and boxes of magic cards, and…….

But I got nuthin for a photo.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I got nuthin for this. I mean, I got D&D books, and a character sheet, and the b-sides from thar be dragons, and boxes of magic cards, and…….

But I got nuthin for a photo.

I got an ass-load of Photoshopped dragons in my past, but all my D&D stuff is long gone, haven’t seen a dungeon lately, and no dragons not on paper…

I’m in the same boat, bud.

Gonna have to stretch a few things to make this work (a re-created jail from Colonial Williamsburg is relatively medieval in appearance, and I’ve got a couple dragon shirts, and a hat…) we’ll see what we can come up with… maybe nuthin’

ennuipoet
    Participant

… I’ve got a couple dragon shirts, and a hat…) we’ll see what we can come up with… maybe nuthin’

You could always put on your robe and wizard hat! 😯

ravnostic
    Participant

So I visited my long-lost friend this morning–it’s good to see long-lost people. Her hubby’s action figure set is contained in 4 tool chests, plus assorted closet-sized landscapes, etc. I borrowed just one toolbox and a few accessories. If I fail at this one, it will most certainly not be for lack of props.

I trust the figurines can be from any D&D-type series, and not particularly D&D ‘proper’? I got orcs and dragons and various other middle-earth type creatures, but they technically go with the “Warhammer” game series.

Si, o no?

//edit: Nevermind–from the Theme forum post:

Yeah any RPG game would be fine for this

🙂

Farktographer
    Participant

I’ve got zero ideas aside from the far-outside-of-the-box sort. Never played D&D, don’t know anyone that did…

U-Man
    Participant

Mopsy has all of my D&D stuff from 25+ years ago. But I have a daughter who likes dragons. And I have a 4″ crystal ball.

No pics. No ideas. Gotta start pondering.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • The topic ‘11-30-11 – Dungeons & Dragons’ is closed to new replies.