11-30-11 – Dungeons & Dragons

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-30-11 – Dungeons & Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

Hmmm…I wonder if I can make the flamethrowers work on Fifi Mk.II.

I dunno. But I bet I can make the flamethrowers work on 5d Mk II.

Working on that right now.

Sweet.

Got one. Not perfect, but it works.

Don’t mind me. I’ll be in the corner crying on the cat.

Not this shit again…

FWIW – some archive diving and remembering a lucky find a couple months ago and I got some pics. My first entry’s from years and years ago, but it fits…

Doubting where I’ll end up in the voting, but at least I got something for this week.

ravnostic
    Participant

I think I have 2/3. Unless 3/3 doesn’t work, which I won’t get to till tomorrow. Then I have 3/3, of a lesser grade. The real problem is there’s no interest in D&D over at G+, so I can’t get any feedback on what’s good.

U-Man
    Participant

I had a close friend’s husband literally drop dead on thanksgiving and at this point right now, even photography isn’t making me happy. I have no clue if I’m even going to try. The crap part is I was in an insanely quaint town with the most beautiful store fronts over the holiday and all I could think was “you really need to shoot them for next week” and I answered “meh”

I saw this yesterday and then dropped it.

You do what you have to do. We’ll be here for a chuckle or a sounding board. As kestrana said, it might do you some good to get out and about. But we’ve all been through a ‘meh’ phase with photography – even without something like what you’re going through.

Be there for your friend. We’ll be here when you come back.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah well if it makes anyone feel any better, this was my idea and I have absolutely nothing ready. And 99% of the stuff I was going to use for this is in storage 800 miles away. YAY! CHALLENGE!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Here is an early B Side, it was intended to represent the ubiquitous “Gamer’s Bag” toted by nerds in the 80’s. In here lies the essentials to being a good Dungeonmaster, every reference book one might need for a serious game of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, dice, munchies, Mountain Dew, asthma inhaler and of course, a +2 Flail for those time when arguments over Saving Throws get out of hand.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

The asthma inhaler is a nice touch. 😆

sleeping
    Participant

That’s not nearly enough dice though….

ennuipoet
    Participant

That’s not nearly enough dice though….

Oh, there are more in the bag, though nowhere near as many as I had back in the day. I honestly think the dice out weighed the books…and CISS, the asthma inhaler is mandatory for all Geek Bags!

Kestrana
    Participant

The flail is my favorite part. My high school friends are hard-core geeks but none of us had asthma!

linguine
    Participant

Time to get my favorite geek song in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOcjQbRTqO8

ennuipoet
    Participant

The flail is my favorite part. My high school friends are hard-core geeks but none of us had asthma!

It’s more a take on a General Geek Trope…and linguine that song KICKS ASS!

/gasps on inhaler

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve spent every free moment (and some not so free ones) working on this theme, and I think I’ve narrowed it down to 15 that I like. Working with models was fun! It’s like doing tilt shift, only you don’t need the fancy lenses…

I have no idea what to go with, though, G+ people just don’t get D&D (or, in my case, War Hammer).

Great fun–I’m sure to be clobbered in the competition with the likes of ennuipoet‘s pic. Good experience though, I learned a few tricks about long exposure shots using flash. And that’s the point, right? To learn and grow?

And, oh, hai! I got invited by my gorgeous female amazon friend (she’s 6’1″ and likes heels, used to model, absolutely stunning figure) to do portraiture of her over the Christmas break! I’m very excited. I’ve been practicing my portraiture with neighbors and family, it’s my first invite to do so…

ravnostic
    Participant

Saw U-Man‘s reference and found gambit‘s post–I’m so sorry you’ve lost someone! I 2nd what U-Man said; we’ll be here if you need a lift, and we’ll be here when you come back.

U-Man
    Participant

And, oh, hai! I got invited by my gorgeous female amazon friend (she’s 6’1″ and likes heels, used to model, absolutely stunning figure) to do portraiture of her over the Christmas break! I’m very excited. I’ve been practicing my portraiture with neighbors and family, it’s my first invite to do so…

Shooting strangers (with a camera) can be intimidating. In my experience, the easiest, most forgiving light is…shade. Shoot outside, find some shade and use one diffused flash. If you can, get the flash off of your camera. If not, dial it down to just light your subject a bit more than the surroundings.

Easy-peasy.

ravnostic
    Participant

Shooting strangers (with a camera) can be intimidating. In my experience, the easiest, most forgiving light is…shade. Shoot outside, find some shade and use one diffused flash. If you can, get the flash off of your camera. If not, dial it down to just light your subject a bit more than the surroundings.

Easy-peasy.

moved to the ‘tips & suggestions’ area, for response and further input from the community. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • The topic ‘11-30-11 – Dungeons & Dragons’ is closed to new replies.