11-8-06 – Autumn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

The leaves are changing color and the air is getting crisper. Photograph Autumn…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, so here’s one of mine to share but not enter. It’s a faked Holga shot (the Holga filter in post-processing disqualifies it for the usual contests), and I loved how it turned out!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/275940469/

Now I just gotta figure out what to enter for tonight…

monkeybort
    Participant

what is this holga filter of which you speak? does it exist for cs2? i’m also looking for a cross-process filter or process if anyone knows of a good one.

/love the holga

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Mine’s for the GIMP, but I think I’ve read of similar Lomo/Holga simulation actions for CS2/PS. I know I’ve heard of cross-process ones. Sometimes if you mess with autolevels it turns out some interesting effects that mimic cross-processed film. Hopefully someone who uses CS2 can tell you where to find some of that stuff, but if I run across anything, I’ll definitely let you know!

schnee
    Participant

what is this “cross-process” of which you speak? Is that when you take your Provia into an autolab and they process it as if it was Reala?

Oh, and if that’s what Elsinore tossed on the cutting room floor well, crap. Nice shot. grumble, grumble, grumble

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t know much about film, and I’m sure ‘bort can explain better, but it’s where you shoot negative film but process it in slide film chemicals (or do I have that backwards?) It results in some wild colors and saturation. Interesting effect.

Don’t get thrown off by that drain leaf shot, schnee. It’s on the cutting room floor because it doesn’t meet “code” so to speak, but alas, it’s probably the best I have unless I can sneak in some shots before tonight…

monkeybort
    Participant

what is this “cross-process” of which you speak? Is that when you take your Provia into an autolab and they process it as if it was Reala?

Oh, and if that’s what Elsinore tossed on the cutting room floor well, crap. Nice shot. grumble, grumble, grumble

or when you take your NPC and get it processed as if it were velvia. i think the slide -> C41 gives a cooler effect though – if you try to color balance it normally it gives you a really interesting aged look, sort of. i’ve got a couple of prints from when i was in school – i’ll try to remember to scan them and post as examples.

SaintDiluted
    Participant

For cross-processing goodness in Photoshop, there are many tutorials, but this one includes an action to do it for ya…

http://www.shanzcan.com/photoshopahol.html

it’s #23.

Diggin
    Participant

Already, some of the entries are breathtaking… Awesome pictures folks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Definitely…this is shaping up to be an awesome thread!

astyrx7
    Participant

Is the thread going to be hitting the main page at a reasonable hour this time?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We can certainly hope…unfortunately, we’re at the mercy of Fark mods when it comes to greenlight times.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Somehow the thread got redlighted. markie_farkie already sent a Farkback…hopefully it’ll get fixed soon.

veruca
    Participant

Sorry I’m late – had a work related activity to finish. I emailed Jeff and Drew as well so hopefully something good will happen soon.

millera9
    Participant

Based on the number and quality of entries already in there, I’m predicting that this thread pulls farktography out of its recent slump. Some really amazing stuff this week all, nice work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘11-8-06 – Autumn’ is closed to new replies.