11-8-06 – Autumn

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

sorry schnee!!! no more montana talk, promise.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

By the way, the Austin American Statesman this morning actually printed “Bort, Bort, Bort” in some article about Swedes, specifically the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. They even gave a translation.

My mind boggled. Not at the translation, but at “Bort, Bort, Bort”.

See, my mind would boggle at the blatant misspelling of “bork”. Apparently they didn’t spend much time on alt.swedish.chef.bork.bork.bork …

Elsinore: Thanks! Yours as well, for sure. My fav of yours lately is that Halloween entry of the girl in yellow on the steps — I immediately thought of The Shining and then got the shivers. Very nice!

Thanks much, bobroberts! Your picture of the Tibetan mom and her children, the Asian child with the mussed hair, and the Korean officer and his cigarettes are standouts for me 🙂

Btw, interesting vote results right now–you’ve tied yourself for first! It could change, but that’s kinda nifty!

schnee
    Participant

See, my mind would boggle at the blatant misspelling of “bork”. Apparently they didn’t spend much time on alt.swedish.chef.bork.bork.bork …

They actually mentioned that the Chef’s “Bork, Bork, Bork” is a misspelling of “Bort, Bort, Bort”, so they got it right.

monkeybort
    Participant

it’s *all* about the bort.

😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

They actually mentioned that the Chef’s “Bork, Bork, Bork” is a misspelling of “Bort, Bort, Bort”, so they got it right.

Wow…there’s a few million Usenet folks who will be completely disillusioned now…

But hey, ya learn something new every day!

moral of the story: You never know where bort will show up!

PUSkunk
    Participant

I just wanted to cuss in general that I had taken some pics specifically for this theme and I was stuck working out of town at a hotel that didn’t have net access so I couldn’t post them. Stupid job and stupid Red Roof Inn.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That sucks! Next Wednesday will be here before we know it though–maybe you can get in with some flower pics?

PUSkunk
    Participant

doubtful. I am excited about the “literal band names” though, and I’ve written all the upcoming themes down into my day timer so I can do some photography while I’m out of town over the next three weeks.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ahh, well then we’ll look forward to seeing you for Band Literal 🙂

Curious
    Participant

well it’s 75 right now and the front that will drop tomorrows high to 55 is fast approaching. but while i had some nice weather and lots of sun i shot about 210 leaves pictures. they finally have turned and have lots of reds and yellows. those would the china berry trees. only really colorful trees i have. the pines don’t do much and the others that turn or change went from green to on the ground in about 2 days.

so i’m all set for next years contest. even made a “leaves” folder so i can find them later.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘11-8-06 – Autumn’ is closed to new replies.