11-8-06 – Autumn

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks, veruca–monkeybort’s sending a Farkback too, so hopefully they’ll get on it.

millera9 definitely. Here’s hoping they’ll greenlight it for soon! Love your entries, btw 🙂

monkeybort
    Participant

i heard back from drew – he asked when and i said midnight EST – hopefully he’s still up and greenlighting!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ooo!! Good deal!

mikemikeb
    Participant

“This article posted to the Main page on Thu, 09 Nov 2006 at 12:00 AM”

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    millera9
    Participant

Nice!

millera9
    Participant

Ok, a couple things:

1.) The FSM is giving me a “This Page Cannot Be Displayed” message. Hopefully there’s nothing wrong!

2.) That’s 2 weeks in a row now where fjvs has submitted questionable pics (they both looked photoshopped to me) and then not responded to any of the questions that were asked of him/her. I’ve seen the name in some of the photoshop threads. I’m wondering if it’s not some photochopper messing with us…

monkeybort
    Participant

i don’t think he’s a habitual PS’er – he emailed me for his first contest to ask how to post images.

probably just didn’t read the boobies – we’ll keep calling him out on it and hopefully one of these days he’ll see it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I see that he has an account here. Hopefully he’ll notice this since he hasn’t noticed on the thread. He’s up over 20 votes for his entry this week…

millera9
    Participant

I see that he has an account here. Hopefully he’ll notice this since he hasn’t noticed on the thread. He’s up over 20 votes for his entry this week…

Yeah I know. It’s a really great autumn scene, it just doesn’t look real. At all. It’s either photoshopped or genuinely brilliant studio lighting and setup. I’m too much of a n00b to tell…

Klahanie
    Participant

Yeah I know. It’s a really great autumn scene, it just doesn’t look real. At all. It’s either photoshopped or genuinely brilliant studio lighting and setup. I’m too much of a n00b to tell…

Are you guys talking about his pumpkin shot? It doesn’t look ‘shopped to me. It just looks like a great shot, like his other stuff. I think he shoots film.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It is possible it’s an elaborate studio setup. If you look at some of his other pictures, especially his entries for portraiture and cute kids, he does amazing camera work. In this one, though, the lighting is confusing. On the near pumpkins, it’s coming from overhead, while the background is sidelit, and the light itself looks different. Dunno…like I said, it could be an elaborate studio setup.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok rather than further speculating, I found his email and emailed him asking about it. I’ll let ya’ll know if and what I hear on it.

millera9
    Participant

I just looked again at his shot from last week. In the properties, it’s got the name Bellagio in it which makes me think these were taken at the hotel in vegas. They do some really elaborate seasonal displays there and that would explain the weird lighting and the confusing colors/setups.

On the other hand, looking at last week’s photo, I think the frankenstein head in the bushes has to be photoshopped in or there’s something else wrong with it. It’s blurry and so are the bushes around it, when everything else is nice and sharp. Anyway, I’m not accusing him of cheating, I really just want a response so that we can hear what these pics are, where they were taken, and why they look so strange. If it’s not photoshopped, he deserves all the votes he has and more.

schnee
    Participant

1.) The FSM is giving me a “This Page Cannot Be Displayed” message. Hopefully there’s nothing wrong!

Could be that one of the rugrat’s pulled the plug again, but I noticed this morning that there was an “out of memory error”, so you never know. I’ll have to put a call into the corporate HQ and see what’s going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘11-8-06 – Autumn’ is closed to new replies.