12-07-11 – Let’s Go Shopping!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-07-11 – Let’s Go Shopping!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Did Olav and I contribute to the crabbiness, Elsinore? 😉

U-Man
    Participant
    Elsinore wrote:

/seriously crabby right now
    //not crabby at you, Farktographers
    ///meh just gonna go hit the treadmill

See. That was me yesterday and the day before. Then my lovely wife helped me out with something and I’m all better now. 😯
    Can’t hit the treadmill either. Plantar fasciitis is leaving but not gone.

I have nothing great for this one. I actually snuck out of the hospital today at lunch time (something I never do) and took some shots of storefronts I know were OK. I thought I had photographed them but I couldn’t find in the archives. So I have a couple. I have the inside of Macy’s in Chicago from Christmas time last year that I’d like to use if we decide it fits. If it is right out, well I’ll do something else.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Did Olav and I contribute to the crabbiness, Elsinore? Wink

lol no, after the run and hanging out last night, I was in a better mood. The headache I had before then was contributing to my crabbiness, as was the crazy schedule, wrapping up PTA fundraising, holidays fast approaching, yadda yadda. Need to find my zen…

See. That was me yesterday and the day before. Then my lovely wife helped me out with something and I’m all better now. Shocked
    Can’t hit the treadmill either. Plantar fasciitis is leaving but not gone.

My condolences on the PF. I read an interesting approach to it–said to hurt like hell, but clears it up quickly–and that’s to walk barefoot in gravel several times a day. I’m hoping I never get PF so I don’t ever have to find out if that works or not. I’m trying to fend off runner’s knee myself. I think I twist or torque my right leg a bit through my stride. Need to video myself running to see what I’m doing differently on the right vs left. I actually hate the treadmill now that I’ve been running outside so much. Even with music going (there’s no TV down there), after about 10-15 minutes my brain is going nuts and I want to scream. So 30 minutes was an eternity, but between the constant near torrential rains and lack of time during the day, I never got to run yesterday, and the TM was my only option.

I have some archive stuff; could have gone shooting today, but the gloom and general lack of motivation contrived against it. Might go tonight.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So I have a couple. I have the inside of Macy’s in Chicago from Christmas time last year that I’d like to use if we decide it fits. If it is right out, well I’ll do something else.

Missed this part before, but Pope Larry already said interiors were ok, and we updated the language in the description, so it’s anything goes for stores at this point.

U-Man
    Participant

So I have a couple. I have the inside of Macy’s in Chicago from Christmas time last year that I’d like to use if we decide it fits. If it is right out, well I’ll do something else.

Missed this part before, but Pope Larry already said interiors were ok, and we updated the language in the description, so it’s anything goes for stores at this point.

You know that actually reads like this don’t you? “Pictures of storefronts. New, old, abandoned, anything goes (as long as it is/was a retail business). Interiors are fine, too (f*ckers).

I mean no offense and I took no offense. Just being silly. 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

😆
    Farktography: Where “exterior” includes “interior” 😉

/none taken or intended

Kestrana
    Participant

We’ve modified the last 6 themes at the last minute, why not make it one more! f*ckers, myself included

Yugoboy
    Participant

Just a conversation starter… but…

Given that the next week’s theme is the link each week, why not allow tweaks to themes until 8 pm eastern Wednesday BEFORE the contest? A number (most?) of people will be done shooting as of “the last minute” as well as done getting it ready and posting it to their Flickr/whatever account…

As noted elsewhere, the number of viewers to these forums versus weekly posters is small, so most aren’t privy to the changes. As far as I’m concerned, I’m ready and I stand on my images or not, but some people may be irked regarding fairness.

Or I’m talking out of my ass.

QueenBee
    Participant

So if it’s a store front, do windows have to be shown or is the sign out front or on the building okay?

Farktographer
    Participant

I took photos specifically for this theme. Haven’t had a chance to sort through them yet. Looks like I’ll be skipping another week. Good luck to everyone else, though.

ravnostic
    Participant

Farktographer; I got a notice that the 30 day subscription I footed for you has expired. That’s the bad news–the good news is it gives you a couple more hours before you’re able to post to get your pictures ready!! 🙁

Yugoboy
    Participant

So if it’s a store front, do windows have to be shown or is the sign out front or on the building okay?

God, I hope so… that describes my 3rd image!
    (I have a B if necessary, but I’d rather this one… when I converted to B&W it came out exactly as I had it in my head when I shot it)

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

God, I hope so… that describes my 3rd image!
    (I have a B if necessary, but I’d rather this one… when I converted to B&W it came out exactly as I had it in my head when I shot it)

Yep QB, that’s fine.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yugoboy I think we discussed this in Photo Triptychs too. I don’t want to get too rulesy but that’s a good guideline. In this case, the determination that interiors were ok was actually made a long time ago just not added to the theme description (my bad for not thinking to speak up until others did).

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Can I get voting enabled on this pic? 2011-12-07 08:02:04 PM

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘12-07-11 – Let’s Go Shopping!’ is closed to new replies.